• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Game 16: UVA @ LJVM -- Saturday 2 pm - ESPN2

I mean Baylor had one player murder another and then had the head coach covered up that he was paying the tuition of the murdered player by saying he was a drug dealer. So…ya know. That’s some shit

Can't think of any P5 basketball program that has been through more shit than us the past 16 years.

I mean Baylor had one player murder another and then had the head coach covered up that he was paying the tuition of the murdered player by saying he was a drug dealer. So…ya know. That’s some shit
But that was way back in 2003.

UVA employees don’t have the tuition discount benefit? I thought that was a standard thing

Yeah but Baylor somehow recovered nicely since then

Some schools give employees a discount for kids on tuition at any college. I know Brown employees get this benefit.
Private schools might (Duke does also), but public universities certainly would not offer this benefit.

The hand checks for the entire team are off the chart.

I cannot get over how bad UVA was offensively. It wasn't even that they played poorly (they did) but they aren't set up for success. Their "good looks" are 17 footers which is just a horrible strategy.
I think we forced a lot of that today. Best in-your-face defense I have seen us play in the Forbes era. And we matched the usual UVa defensive intensity with our own bumping, grinding & forearms. Plus our 7ft, 6’10 presence inside made it tough for Hoos to take it to the hole. If not for our own unforced errors/17 turnovers, we win by 30 today.

I have to think Wake wouldn’t give this benefit to its employees unless there is a reciprocal arrangement with other schools and no money changes hands. Does anyone know?

Back