• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Game 16: UVA @ LJVM -- Saturday 2 pm - ESPN2

We have a great starting 5, the best in a long time. Thanks to Forbes we have no weaknesses in the starting lineup. Monsanto comes back and we can compete with anybody

We have a great starting 5, the best in a long time. Thanks to Forbes we have no weaknesses in the starting lineup. Monsanto comes back and we can compete with anybody
Yeah I think this is the best starting lineup since 2010 or so whenever Dino was here.

Watched the game on delay and didn’t read this thread, but my takeaway is UVA low key sucks this year.

I know they play a slow tempo, but they showed very little energy and zero fight in getting choked out by the Deacs this afternoon.

NCSU game should be fun. Would be nice to pick up a road win and hand the Pack a loss, but doesn’t feel like a “must win” to me.
Would agree but for the loss @FSU. Got to beat the Wuffies Tues. No excuses.

Would agree but for the loss @FSU. Got to beat the Wuffies Tues. No excuses.
Think we match up well with Pack who plays a lot of 3 guard and not terribly long guards with 6’ 2” Horne, 6’4” Taylor, and 6’3” Morsell averaging 30 mins/game Each. Reid should contain burns if refs don’t take Reid out of it with silly calls and state gets outrebounded by opponents which should bode well for Reid and Carr and hopefully Sallis will shine this time with his athleticism as no real long guards except for frosh Parker jr who could be a wild card for Pack as talented kid that will feel comfortable in cozy confines of pnc arena. Think it will come down to the wire.

I mean it's obviously worse than 1995, 1996, 2005 (maybe 2004), 2008, 2009. I don't know what other lineups in there over the last 30 years also exceed it but probably the Howard POY lineup? If it's a question of the last decade or something...maybe..probably?

Boy we play a very tight rotation. Monsanto coming back soon would hopefully ease the burden and give Sallis/boopie/fam some breathers, playing 38 mins every game might take its toll. Even in a comfortable win have to keep them in because of metrics.

I mean it's obviously worse than 1995, 1996, 2005 (maybe 2004), 2008, 2009. I don't know what other lineups in there over the last 30 years also exceed it but probably the Howard POY lineup? If it's a question of the last decade or something...maybe..probably?
I said all-around.

Obviously, there’s no Childress, Duncan or Paul on the team. But each player is better than the worst players on each of those teams. For example, Sallis is better than Rusty or Tony. Carr will end up better than Peral.

2008 is great all-around too. But, there were some weaker players there too.

The starting lineup is very balanced and has no weak players.

Boy we play a very tight rotation. Monsanto coming back soon would hopefully ease the burden and give Sallis/boopie/fam some breathers, playing 38 mins every game might take its toll. Even in a comfortable win have to keep them in because of metrics.
Would also really help if Jao could play 5-8 minutes a game spelling Boopie

I get all-around as definition but those teams I mentioned were all better all-around than this team. That's not even a sleight to this team.

We need to steal another one on the road. State is tough, and you know Burns is going to try and get Reid in foul trouble early. Great win today. Fill it up again!
Burns will try to eat him. Fouls may or may not occur.

FSU should end up in the 8/9 game or maybe the 7 spot. Good start after a bad OOC season. They're better than they were playing earlier in the year - a lot of athleticism.

Wake now projected to finish third in the ACC at 13-7 behind 15-5 Duke and 17-3 UNC on KP

Back