• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB - Game 13 - @BC 7pm Tuesday ACCN

Play defense, rebound, and take care of the basketball just like Saturday and the Deacs win by at least 10. These are the things that have prevented us from winning on the road…we showed we could do it against VPI now let’s get a road W!

We need to have the 3-ball drop tonight and Reid can’t pick up cheap fouls guarding Post. Other than that, let’s go annihilate these SOBs.

We need to have the 3-ball drop tonight and Reid can’t pick up cheap fouls guarding Post. Other than that, let’s go annihilate these SOBs.
Fearless prediction. post will get the calls tonight but Keller and Marsh contribute and wear the big man down and Elton plays enough so our D dominates again.

Have any y’all ever been able to get a radio broadcast to work? Currently on the Charlotte affiliate and it’s some religious talk show where they’re debating the axial tilt of the planet

Have any y’all ever been able to get a radio broadcast to work? Currently on the Charlotte affiliate and it’s some religious talk show where they’re debating the axial tilt of the planet

Use the app.

For many years this was the one game close enough for me to go to (and we sucked so coming to Winston was not really worth it). I do not miss going to the shithole that is Conte.

Fearless prediction. post will get the calls tonight but Keller and Marsh contribute and wear the big man down and Elton plays enough so our D dominates again.
If Marsh plays against Post, something has gone wrong, IMHO. Agree that Keller can defend Post, but he is legitimately very good and we should try to push him away from the paint. I’m sure we will collapse a lot on him…hopefully BC misses the open shots they’ll get because of him.

Nice starts from Reid and Sallis. Reid looking good on both ends early.

Yeah, it's probably a poor description of a defensive gameplan. Obviously a number of trade-offs in deciding how to play defense against a particular team. Doubling on the catch? Letting Post operate 1on1? And there are a couple of shooters on BC that you don't really want to help off of (Harris).

At the risk of sounding like a shill, I'm comfortable with however Forbes and staff decide to play it. And unlike our previous coach, I know Forbes will make adjustments at halftime on things that clearly aren't working.
Why make adjustments when the game plan you made before the game was perfect. Now we just need the players to execute.

Shooting jumpers early in the shot clock with no chance at a rebound if we miss is also not great.

BC has been making tough shots. We have been getting layups and a nice open 3 from Cam. Hopefully the shot selection trend continues.

ETA: more drives by our guards less 3s by bigs

Back