• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB - Game 13 - @BC 7pm Tuesday ACCN

I've never seen Forbes on the court as a sixth guy. Maybe a few feet, but not crazy far like Grant was.
Reminded me of Keatts at State….think 2 years ago as I seem to recall it was he and ManMan who came close to colliding with each other on a sequence. And no call then either despite Keatts well out on the floor the whole game. No need to ruin a good game then too I guess with a tech on the coach for being on the floor…even if clearly and blatantly breaking the rules.

Nowadays calling traveling seems completely arbitrary to those of us who played and coached hoops before the rule was relaxed to NBA style. I can't help myself when I am sitting here watching the modern game but constantly reflexively think, hey that guy traveled. But the way they call it now he didn't. In fact, it's almost impossible to be called for traveling.

The elimination of the palming rule can also be similarly disconcerting. Today, they palm all the time and it's perfectly acceptable.

Man, I do wish that they had allowed us to palm and travel like that!
The amount of carrying the ball to the point of gaining an actual advantage is crazy. Sallis does it all of the time. Cam, as well. But it is what it is… Never called.

Something to keep an eye on is that with Reid in foul trouble the last two games, it has been all Keller. Marsh hasn't gotten any minutes. Matchups?
I had thought this, but he’s pretty clearly the odd man out. I don’t know what matchup we’d be waiting for.

The amount of carrying the ball to the point of gaining an actual advantage is crazy. Sallis does it all of the time. Cam, as well. But it is what it is… Never called.

Cam definitely travels all the time 😂

Back