• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB - Game 13 - @BC 7pm Tuesday ACCN

An early road win at a much improved BC team would be a great start to the conference season.

We need 5-6 road wins to have a realistic shot at the NCAAT. This isn't a must but would certainly make the pathway easier.

Quinten Post is a handful and this will be a good test of how well Reid can play against top big men. Post has scored double-digits in every game against WF in his time at BC. He had 18-7 (with 3 blks, 2 assists) against N.C. State in his only conference game so far.

I'm going to go ahead and call it a must. Can't afford to drop this one if we want to achieve the league record we think we will need to go dancing.

I'm going to go ahead and call it a must. Can't afford to drop this one if we want to achieve the league record we think we will need to go dancing.

I agree. We need to be beating these crap teams handily at this point. We know we have the talent.

Yep. The fun part is if we crush everyone, it’ll hurt them for the one game we play them, but then help boost their rating back up each game that we crush someone else. So just keep crushing teams.

Anyone else going besides numbers? Hoping we have a decent showing of the Boston Deacs.

Yep. The fun part is if we crush everyone, it’ll hurt them for the one game we play them, but then help boost their rating back up each game that we crush someone else. So just keep crushing teams.
Yeah I keep seeing the "we don't want to win by a lot because it hurts the other team's NET", which is horribly misguided.

If we win 15 conference games by 20 points then we won't have to worry about anything. Just keep winning and everything will take care of itself. The NET is fairly pointless right now, and it's all in our hands. Go win games.

It's unreal how scarred I am with road games. Playing this at home I'd be so confident, on the road I really have no idea what to think. We need to change that feeling this year.

It's unreal how scarred I am with road games. Playing this at home I'd be so confident, on the road I really have no idea what to think. We need to change that feeling this year.

Well, in ACC play this year the home team has won 8 of 10 games. It matters.

Caveat being that one of those 2 losses was BC at home vs. NCSU (in OT)... So this is absolutely a game we'd like to win (and should probably expect to win about 2/3 of the time).

So this is absolutely a game we'd like to win (and should probably expect to win about 2/3 of the time).
Seems like an aggressive expectation for a game that Wake is only favored in by 1.5 points.

Don't get me wrong, I think that in order to realize our NCAAT hopes winning games like this is important. But it's our first ACC road game and it's against a middle of the pack ACC team. The sky isn't falling if we lose a close one tonight.

Back