• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB - Game 13 - @BC 7pm Tuesday ACCN

I just looked a the box score for last year's game in Boston, and I just have zero recollection of it at all. Carr dominated them.

Went to the Wake-BC game in Winston last year on my birthday and we lost, so let's redeem ourselves.

Post has had an issue with foul trouble, so hopefully we can exploit that by taking it right at him.

Zackery sucks. Well, he may not suck, but I hate him. Mostly because he was so good against us in both games last year and pretty meh otherwise.

Harris (transfer from Charleston Southern) has been stroking it this year.

Agree with Pilchard that this feels like a good spot for BC, but I tend to think Wake is improving and better than the current metrics. We're so close to the point where I don't need to scroll down in KP to see Wake Forest, and that's where you want to be.

Post has had an issue with foul trouble, so hopefully we can exploit that by taking it right at him.

Zackery sucks. Well, he may not suck, but I hate him. Mostly because he was so good against us in both games last year and pretty meh otherwise.

Harris (transfer from Charleston Southern) has been stroking it this year.

Agree with Pilchard that this feels like a good spot for BC, but I tend to think Wake is improving and better than the current metrics. We're so close to the point where I don't need to scroll down in KP to see Wake Forest, and that's where you want to be.
Has had ... not so much this year, at least by stats. He commits 2.9 fouls per 40, has only committed 4 in one game this year (second one against The Shitadel).

Of course, Reid might be the best post player he's faced other than Joel Soriano for St. John's, who had 21 and 11 against him.

Has had ... not so much this year, at least by stats. He commits 2.9 fouls per 40, has only committed 4 in one game this year (second one against The Shitadel).

Of course, Reid might be the best post player he's faced other than Joel Soriano for St. John's, who had 21 and 11 against him.
DJ Burns?

DJ Burns?
I mean ... I'd put Reid ahead of him. Maybe recency bias. But Burns has been aggressively mediocre, like that team has been, this year.

I'll take the upside of the third-year player gaining confidence over the fifth-year plateauing guy who's limited on both ends.

Hoping our guards can help to limit Post by keeping up the defensive intensity. They made things so tough for VT to initiate any sort of real offense.

Maybe I'm just scarred by the abysmal ACC road record of the last decade, but it's tough for me to go into any ACC road game against a team that isn't ND/Louisville-level terrible and firmly expect to win. But I do believe that we are a better team than BC overall.

This BC team hasn't played a game in 12 days, so maybe that plays into our favor. We have the opposite problem though, as it's a quick turnaround from Saturday to Tuesday. We do that all season though, so it needs to be a non-issue for us. Monsanto having some depth to avoid tired legs would help a lot in that regard.
Speaking of quick turnarounds, Wake has two ACC away games scheduled on a Monday after playing at home on a Saturday.
Guess who the two away games are against?
Of course, they are against Duke and UNC.

gamers

I would guess that Post will get his. Just very hard to shut down a player of his caliber. Hopefully we can stop Zachery and Harris from going off. Put the clamps on those two and we have a great shot at leaving with a W.

It seems like the defense is better with Reid on the floor simply because we have been able to extend it quite a bit. If we keep that up we can probably win some road games we never had a chance to win last year. We will see tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of quick turnarounds, Wake has two ACC away games scheduled on a Monday after playing at home on a Saturday.
Guess who the two away games are against?
Of course, they are against Duke and UNC.

gamers
Yeah, the addition of Big Monday to the ACC lineup a decade ago causes some quick turnarounds. At least those two are drivable and you don't have to hop on a flight on Sunday for a road Monday game. And I still prefer that schedule to some of the turnarounds the ACC used to schedule (I recall a few Thursday night/Saturday afternoon turnarounds back in the day.....at least those are no more since the ACC has set aside Thursday nights for women's hoops games, and no longer plays men's conference basketball games on Thursday anymore).

Yeah, the addition of Big Monday to the ACC lineup a decade ago causes some quick turnarounds. At least those two are drivable and you don't have to hop on a flight on Sunday for a road Monday game. And I still prefer that schedule to some of the turnarounds the ACC used to schedule (I recall a few Thursday night/Saturday afternoon turnarounds back in the day.....at least those are no more since the ACC has set aside Thursday nights for women's hoops games, and no longer plays men's conference basketball games on Thursday anymore).
big monday should always be reserved for the big east and big eight
yes, i am showing my age
:)

I just looked a the box score for last year's game in Boston, and I just have zero recollection of it at all. Carr dominated them.

Went to the Wake-BC game in Winston last year on my birthday and we lost, so let's redeem ourselves.
I had a blast. Chatted with some like 10 year olds in front of me at the game with their dad who could not believe anybody would come to a road game and pull for the opposing team. Bought the dad a beer and wake romped. Would do again

Is it appropriate to wear basketball jerseys to games as a 33 year old? I’m going to anyway but I wanna see the general consensus on the topic

Pretty sure he has an AFA jersey, so that will work for the end of the year.

Back