• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB - Game 13 - @BC 7pm Tuesday ACCN

We ran it earlier this year too against Florida with Marsh playing the role of Efton.

I watched all of it and thought it was pretty good. Not perfect by any stretch but pretty good. They probably graded out in the low 90’s. We get calls also that go our way but as usual most fans aren’t watching from that stand point. Fans want ALL the calls and think every official has it in for them.
Are they actually graded by someone?

Something to keep an eye on is that with Reid in foul trouble the last two games, it has been all Keller. Marsh hasn't gotten any minutes. Matchups?
Also notice that Keller came in when Carr went out with 4 fouls and played with Reid.

So what you’re saying is the translation is spot on?

I had absolutely nothing against Skip. I asked him when he got here that I would love to do his practices & scrimmages if needed, just like I had started doing when I was breaking in to college ball. I started for Tacy doing about 30 that year with Rudd, Young, Teachey, Green and a young guy named Muggsy. Just so happened it was 83-84, we Retired Meyer and went to Elite 8.
Staak let me do practices where he also had Wainwright, Wolff & Capel. Still had Muggsy.
Dave Odom let me do a ton of practices which was a lot of fun during Duncan, Chill & Rogers years. Did Midnight Madness in ESPN Timmy’s senior year
Having practice officials is something I saw Tacy do when I was in school & John Clougherty was working them as he was a young ACC official working at Wake then.

Helps to get bad habits out of their system if junk is called during practice! I thought Skip’s teams had tons of bad habits and never did quit setting illegal screens (Darius)
Plus Skip’s teams never practiced defense and it showed. (Friend’s son was on his teams and when we had lunch on Friday if NCAA tourney in Cleveland he said exactly that! Spent 90+% of time on offense, never coached ‘helpside D’ and never taught players to cut off the baseline as the 6th defender (a basic taught players in middle school he said).
Consequently that next night vs WV was Skip’s worst coaching of his career! Beilein changed defenses on him & Skip couldn’t counter. Skip didn’t know T rule of order of shots and sent Levy to line for all 4 instead of CP or Gray. Then endgame we heard him from our seats call a play for Big E, only to have Ellis tap him on shoulder that E wasn’t in the game.
Last two season Skip finished dead ass last in ACC & next to last. The man won early with GDO’s players, couldn’t take advantage of a generational player like CP. Then died way too early but as a huge loser.
I think you’re just having a bad day, but it’s not a good look for sure. Hope the day gets better for you, dude.

Helps to get bad habits out of their system if junk is called during practice! I thought Skip’s teams had tons of bad habits and never did quit setting illegal screens (Darius)

Last two season Skip finished dead ass last in ACC & next to last. The man won early with GDO’s players, couldn’t take advantage of a generational player like CP. Then died way too early but as a huge loser.
Darius only played one season under Prosser. So you would think it all of the practices you officiated under Odom would have gotten him out of that bad habit long before.

Prosser also led Wake to a regular season ACC Championship (equaling the number by Dave Odom), 4 NCAA appearances. Odom had Duncan, one of the Top 5 players ever and never made it to the Final Four.

“If” there had been a steal like that, he would have gotten a T for being in the way. Unlike football where they stop a game for a sideline warning, they usually just talk to excited coaches when they see them and talk them back. They certainly are not looking to give a cheap T in a close game like this, then have it be the reason written as what cost BC the game.
Unless they are way out on the floor screaming at an official (and using the wrong words), they just are not looking to give a coach a T and have to explain it in their report.
Not would you want Forbes to get one for that either I might add, would you? You would think it was cheap and think the officials were out to get him
if Forbes was out 15 ft onto the court while the game was live he would absolutely deserve a T.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

No, just saying Skip couldn’t coach. He was great with a quip from Chaucer but never coached D and never hardly won in the postseason. One Sweet 16 his entire career.

Were you an ACC official? I'm a little confused by your posts. Many of them seem to be stated as fact.

Were you an ACC official? I'm a little confused by your posts. Many of them seem to be stated as fact.
I believe TheReff is a HOF JV girls basketball official, but I'm sure he wears his stripes to the big games hoping to be called in from the crowd, like those guys wearing their golf spikes to walk around at PGA Tour events.

“If” there had been a steal like that, he would have gotten a T for being in the way. Unlike football where they stop a game for a sideline warning, they usually just talk to excited coaches when they see them and talk them back. They certainly are not looking to give a cheap T in a close game like this, then have it be the reason written as what cost BC the game.
Unless they are way out on the floor screaming at an official (and using the wrong words), they just are not looking to give a coach a T and have to explain it in their report.
Not would you want Forbes to get one for that either I might add, would you? You would think it was cheap and think the officials were out to get him
I've never seen Forbes on the court as a sixth guy. Maybe a few feet, but not crazy far like Grant was.

I watched all of it and thought it was pretty good. Not perfect by any stretch but pretty good. They probably graded out in the low 90’s. We get calls also that go our way but as usual most fans aren’t watching from that stand point. Fans want ALL the calls and think every official has it in for them.

You are much too generous in your evaluation of these refs.

To be sure fans want to win, but most fans want to win fairly. For that, you need competent, consistent officiating. And far too often we are not getting it. Does anyone think that being generous in the evaluation of referees is going to spur them to improve?

Back