• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB - Game 13 - @BC 7pm Tuesday ACCN

damn, Parker is shooting 43% from 3, only averaging 18 minutes a game but averaging 4 attempts
Looks like he's 16 for 29 since the start of December too. He's played more minutes at the 2 than anybody else on the team the last 5 games as well..

Holidays, man; hard for me to keep up with the days/dates and thought the game was tonight.. I usually don't check in much with the game threads prior to the game itself, and was wondering why the pregame chatter vs. BC was over 30 pages.
Oh well, good to have for this Deac fan a 100% stress-free win; don't even know the score or how we played yet yet so I'll delve into it now on the game thread.

Looks like he's 16 for 29 since the start of December too. He's played more minutes at the 2 than anybody else on the team the last 5 games as well..
When he's got his feet set, the dude is automatic. I love that he's willing to fire away like that as a freshman. I am also impressed that he is more than competent on the defensive end, which is really astounding to say about a freshman. I'm excited to see him improve (and hope he doesn't prove out to be a ROK freshman peak type).

@EssexThayer included a number of Forbes quotes in his article last night, so Forbes seemed to have done some sort of post game interviews/press. Not sure if it's available though, perhaps Essex can enlighten us...
Just seeing this one now. I know Boston College had a computer screen up there during postgame, but not sure where that video would be available. Wake didn't have any video going on for Forbes/Hildreth, so I just used my recorder for quotes and wrote. Have a fair amount of those in my game article.

Berry was fairly bullish on the Deacs talking about our great guard play and the difference maker Efton is to make us a formidable opponent expected to make noise in ACC. He may be a Tar Heel, but give him credit as he clearly did his homework unlike many others.
Hard to give him homework credit when he called him Boppie. That answer would be provided 5 seconds into your homework assignment. I think he was reading Kenpom on a laptop in front of him during that session.

I mean I don’t think they cared who won I just think they missed some calls
Of course they miss calls, they are human. We would talk during games and ask each other during a time out or quarter about a prior block/charge call we just had. One partner might say from their angle they had the opppsite call. If you had a chance you might get back around soon and tell the coach you missed that one.
I always thought the numerous OOB calls with players crowded at a baseline were the toughest. Can’t get far enough off the baseline to have a great view and they happen quick as lightning. Plus can’t replay those (can now late in a game) but if a partner was 100% sure it had been missed, you see them go in & it does get changed.
All a matter of angles down on the floor.

Reff, do you think this was a well-called game? Why or why not?
I watched all of it and thought it was pretty good. Not perfect by any stretch but pretty good. They probably graded out in the low 90’s. We get calls also that go our way but as usual most fans aren’t watching from that stand point. Fans want ALL the calls and think every official has it in for them.

I’ve been impressed with Parker’s discipline. Easy for a freshman shooter to come in and try and force shots in limited minutes. For the most part he’s taken good shots within the offense.
You could pretty much say this about everyone on the team right now. Considering Forbes is on record as being ok with the occasional heat check, the vast majority of our bad shots are late in the shot clock. Not sure how many teams have 4 starters shooting right at 50% but it can't be that many. This is a team where everyone seems pretty rock solid on what their role is.

I’ve been impressed with Parker’s discipline. Easy for a freshman shooter to come in and try and force shots in limited minutes. For the most part he’s taken good shots within the offense.
If his feet are set, he is going to shoot a really high %. I don't think many of his 3s have come off screens, mostly in transition or when he is pretty open.

I do think he has limitations on defense and struggles at times to get free from a defender on offense. But, when he does get open, his shot always looks really good. He is already getting a ton of respect from opposing teams defensively.

You could pretty much say this about everyone on the team right now. Considering Forbes is on record as being ok with the occasional heat check, the vast majority of our bad shots are late in the shot clock. Not sure how many teams have 4 starters shooting right at 50% but it can't be that many. This is a team where everyone seems pretty rock solid on what their role is.

Agreed, impressive for a group with lots of talent that has just started to really play together. My guy Boopie is probably most guilty of the occasional heat check but 🤷‍♂️

Agreed, impressive for a group with lots of talent that has just started to really play together. My guy Boopie is probably most guilty of the occasional heat check but 🤷‍♂️
Definitely, yet he's right at 50% from the field. I think Boopie and Sallis are basically opposite sides of the coin. Boopie came from a program where any shot he could find was probably a good one, and his adjustment at Wake has been figuring out when to pass up a shot and hunt a better one for him or his teammates. Sallis came from a program where rule #1 was to let others score, and he's adjusting to the big dog role he has now. Loved seeing him getting into it with the BC bench last a little last night by the way.

Boopie's long two's last night were probably bad shots overall, but damn did he stripe them both.

It is probably safe to say he has never seen Wake play. I would imagine that is the case for several of the media guys. Joel Berry said Wake is the sleeper team of the league at halftime last night and called Miller "Boppie". Seth Greenburg may be the only one that has watched Wake and he seems to be in love with the roster.

I mean there’s a reason he’s on a YouTube channel

He's a the very top of a long, long, long list of extremely hateable ACC players. Most of the Top 5 are Dukies (Allen, Reddick, Roshown Mcleod, Scheyer, Hurley, etc) but there are quite a few Heels on there too (McGinnis, Wallace, McCants, Brendan Haywood, Warren Martin, Mike Pepper, etc)
How could you miss Kris Lang???

Let me translate Reff's post- WAAAAH Skip didn't like me....I'll keep attacking him long after he died and try to say He Who Shall Not Be Named Part Deux is a better coach. Of course after 20+ years of reffing, I still have to call HS girl's JV games due to my understanding of basketball.
I had absolutely nothing against Skip. I asked him when he got here that I would love to do his practices & scrimmages if needed, just like I had started doing when I was breaking in to college ball. I started for Tacy doing about 30 that year with Rudd, Young, Teachey, Green and a young guy named Muggsy. Just so happened it was 83-84, we Retired Meyer and went to Elite 8.
Staak let me do practices where he also had Wainwright, Wolff & Capel. Still had Muggsy.
Dave Odom let me do a ton of practices which was a lot of fun during Duncan, Chill & Rogers years. Did Midnight Madness in ESPN Timmy’s senior year
Having practice officials is something I saw Tacy do when I was in school & John Clougherty was working them as he was a young ACC official working at Wake then.

Helps to get bad habits out of their system if junk is called during practice! I thought Skip’s teams had tons of bad habits and never did quit setting illegal screens (Darius)
Plus Skip’s teams never practiced defense and it showed. (Friend’s son was on his teams and when we had lunch on Friday if NCAA tourney in Cleveland he said exactly that! Spent 90+% of time on offense, never coached ‘helpside D’ and never taught players to cut off the baseline as the 6th defender (a basic taught players in middle school he said).
Consequently that next night vs WV was Skip’s worst coaching of his career! Beilein changed defenses on him & Skip couldn’t counter. Skip didn’t know T rule of order of shots and sent Levy to line for all 4 instead of CP or Gray. Then endgame we heard him from our seats call a play for Big E, only to have Ellis tap him on shoulder that E wasn’t in the game.
Last two season Skip finished dead ass last in ACC & next to last. The man won early with GDO’s players, couldn’t take advantage of a generational player like CP. Then died way too early but as a huge loser.

I had absolutely nothing against Skip. I asked him when he got here that I would love to do his practices & scrimmages if needed, just like I had started doing when I was breaking in to college ball. I started for Tacy doing about 30 that year with Rudd, Young, Teachey, Green and a young guy named Muggsy. Just so happened it was 83-84, we Retired Meyer and went to Elite 8.
Staak let me do practices where he also had Wainwright, Wolff & Capel. Still had Muggsy.
Dave Odom let me do a ton of practices which was a lot of fun during Duncan, Chill & Rogers years. Did Midnight Madness in ESPN Timmy’s senior year
Having practice officials is something I saw Tacy do when I was in school & John Clougherty was working them as he was a young ACC official working at Wake then.

Helps to get bad habits out of their system if junk is called during practice! I thought Skip’s teams had tons of bad habits and never did quit setting illegal screens (Darius)
Plus Skip’s teams never practiced defense and it showed. (Friend’s son was on his teams and when we had lunch on Friday if NCAA tourney in Cleveland he said exactly that! Spent 90+% of time on offense, never coached ‘helpside D’ and never taught players to cut off the baseline as the 6th defender (a basic taught players in middle school he said).
Consequently that next night vs WV was Skip’s worst coaching of his career! Beilein changed defenses on him & Skip couldn’t counter. Skip didn’t know T rule of order of shots and sent Levy to line for all 4 instead of CP or Gray. Then endgame we heard him from our seats call a play for Big E, only to have Ellis tap him on shoulder that E wasn’t in the game.
Last two season Skip finished dead ass last in ACC & next to last. The man won early with GDO’s players, couldn’t take advantage of a generational player like CP. Then died way too early but as a huge loser.

So what you’re saying is the translation is spot on?

Back