• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB - Game 13 - @BC 7pm Tuesday ACCN

We've gotten to pretty good spots in January the last two years. I think this team is better and different, but it's time to show it the next few weeks. Can't lay any eggs in the next 3-4 weeks.

We lose this game the last two seasons. This team had a chance to elevate from “fun to watch” to “solid tournament team” if they continue to lock in.

Something to keep an eye on is that with Reid in foul trouble the last two games, it has been all Keller. Marsh hasn't gotten any minutes. Matchups?

Earl Grant real complimentary of Boopie, post-game.

Also, Grant knew 4 of our 5 starters names, but did not know Carr's name. I bet he knows NOW.

If I make 1.8 million a year to coach basketball, and had 11 days off to prepare for the game, I'd know who Carr is.

They get ND twice this year, so I expect BC to finish around .500.
Grant doing a pretty good job with BC. They have been better every season under him. Starting 0-2 at home though does not setup well for them. This was a huge missed opportunity for them, to lose to both State and Wake at home to start the year before they even have a road ACC game.

Hey Numbers, is that you on the condensed game/Youtube yelling "let's go, let's go, oh my god, let's gooo, let's gooo" --- pretty hilarious as that dude is a solid WF fan.

Well done.

Grant doing a pretty good job with BC. They have been better every season under him. Starting 0-2 at home though does not setup well for them. This was a huge missed opportunity for them, to lose to both State and Wake at home to start the year before they even have a road ACC game.
Think they have 3 straight road games coming up. I don't think we have 3 straight home ACC games the whole year, Think we have 2 at home once or twice.

Something to keep an eye on is that with Reid in foul trouble the last two games, it has been all Keller. Marsh hasn't gotten any minutes. Matchups?
Just don't think Marsh can defend good ACC bigs (and there are a lot of them this year). Don't think he'll get minutes against BC, UNC, Duke, Clemson, Miami, or others. He's too slow to stay in front of anyone.

Post put his forearm in Reid's throat at least once backing him down in the paint. Post was allowed to play a lot more physical in the paint, hooking his arm around defenders and bumping them hard to establish position. Wake rarely, if at all, was allowed to do that last night.
Dude threw a bow into Efton's neck, Efton took it, played good d, prevented a basket, and Post was whining that he didn't get fouled.

I feel like it was the 2nd or 3rd play of the game?

I mean Forbes isn't going to regularly give three different centers playing time, and Marsh is clearly #3 at that position based on playing time since Reid's waiver.

I don't think it has anything to do with matchups. I wouldn't expect to see Marsh again except in blowouts or extraordinary foul trouble for Reid and Keller.

Any idea when post game interviews will go up on YouTube? Only saw earl grants

Wake D was excellent in spurts against BC. Didn't seem like the continuous intensity they provided against VaTech. Team needs to understand and play more games like they did against VaTech. If they do, this team will win a lot of games. Can't have those lapses of intensity that dig 10 point deficit holes. Against better teams, they won't be able to recover.

love how in a 5-minute+ highlight video they don't include arguably the most important play of the game, Carr's 3. it goes from BC cutting the lead to one to Cam's steal to put us up 6.

It's overly simplistic, but we just make shots when we need to so far this year. We came out hot in the second half, made them when we took the 10 point lead, and then Carr made it when he had the look to ice it. Sometimes that's just all it takes.

Ah yeah that makes sense, some reason I figured Forbes would get a post presser

Back