• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB - Game 13 - @BC 7pm Tuesday ACCN

He was 20 feet on the floor, almost at mid-court, and a quick strip by the BC guard, like the one Boopie got in the first half against BC, and Grant would be stumbling backwards to get out of the way. Everyone saw he was so ridiculously intense at the thought of losing to Weak Forest at home, since we are one of the teams he expects to beat each year as we are not UNC/Duke/UVA, he basically lost his damn mind, and coaching while standing way out on the floor was T-worthy.

Waving him back was a joke, since he had already retreated to the bench by then and that "trail official" was over in front of our bench, so he had quite a while to watch Grant coaching his defense from way out ON THE FLOOR.
“If” there had been a steal like that, he would have gotten a T for being in the way. Unlike football where they stop a game for a sideline warning, they usually just talk to excited coaches when they see them and talk them back. They certainly are not looking to give a cheap T in a close game like this, then have it be the reason written as what cost BC the game.
Unless they are way out on the floor screaming at an official (and using the wrong words), they just are not looking to give a coach a T and have to explain it in their report.
Not would you want Forbes to get one for that either I might add, would you? You would think it was cheap and think the officials were out to get him

Boopie's long two's last night were probably bad shots overall, but damn did he stripe them both.
I'd rather have Boopie taking a wide open two like that as opposed to a contested three.

All you need to do is read the first and last sentence of Reff's drivel:

"I had absolutely nothing against Skip....
Then [Skip] died way too early as a huge loser".

Translation: I hold a lot against Skip, and I refuse to let it go, even more than 15 years after he passed.

Then died way too early but as a huge loser.
Seriously? What a pathetic comment.

You are also forgetting the monster recruiting class he had coming in. You think he wouldn't have won games with AT&T and been able to manage that roster full of personalities? Yeah, he would have won no games with that roster, I'm sure.

Criticize his coaching all you want, calling him a loser is absurd. Maybe you missed the Redacted/Manning seasons.

I had absolutely nothing against Skip. I asked him when he got here that I would love to do his practices & scrimmages if needed, just like I had started doing when I was breaking in to college ball. I started for Tacy doing about 30 that year with Rudd, Young, Teachey, Green and a young guy named Muggsy. Just so happened it was 83-84, we Retired Meyer and went to Elite 8.
Staak let me do practices where he also had Wainwright, Wolff & Capel. Still had Muggsy.
Dave Odom let me do a ton of practices which was a lot of fun during Duncan, Chill & Rogers years. Did Midnight Madness in ESPN Timmy’s senior year
Having practice officials is something I saw Tacy do when I was in school & John Clougherty was working them as he was a young ACC official working at Wake then.

Helps to get bad habits out of their system if junk is called during practice! I thought Skip’s teams had tons of bad habits and never did quit setting illegal screens (Darius)
Plus Skip’s teams never practiced defense and it showed. (Friend’s son was on his teams and when we had lunch on Friday if NCAA tourney in Cleveland he said exactly that! Spent 90+% of time on offense, never coached ‘helpside D’ and never taught players to cut off the baseline as the 6th defender (a basic taught players in middle school he said).
Consequently that next night vs WV was Skip’s worst coaching of his career! Beilein changed defenses on him & Skip couldn’t counter. Skip didn’t know T rule of order of shots and sent Levy to line for all 4 instead of CP or Gray. Then endgame we heard him from our seats call a play for Big E, only to have Ellis tap him on shoulder that E wasn’t in the game.
Last two season Skip finished dead ass last in ACC & next to last. The man won early with GDO’s players, couldn’t take advantage of a generational player like CP. Then died way too early but as a huge loser.

This post says way more about you than Skip.

All you need to do is read the first and last sentence of Reff's drivel:

"I had absolutely nothing against Skip....
Then [Skip] died way too early as a huge loser".

Translation: I have a lot against Skip, and I refuse to let it go, even more than 15 years after he passed.
I was asked so I answered. Watched Bob Staak in action from the practices and knew immediately he wouldn’t last at Wake. Didn’t have anything against him either.
But it is there for all to see, that Skip finished 3-13 in 2005-06 & 5-11 in 06-07. Same as everybody can see that Bz-man & Manning couldn’t coach ever!

Interesting you forgot the four seasons before

21-13 (9-7)
25-6 (13-3)
21-10 (9-7)
27-6 (13-3)

No WF coach has come close to that since, and that was when the ACC was a top league. Not really worth responding to you further.

I had absolutely nothing against Skip. I asked him when he got here that I would love to do his practices & scrimmages if needed, just like I had started doing when I was breaking in to college ball. I started for Tacy doing about 30 that year with Rudd, Young, Teachey, Green and a young guy named Muggsy. Just so happened it was 83-84, we Retired Meyer and went to Elite 8.
Staak let me do practices where he also had Wainwright, Wolff & Capel. Still had Muggsy.
Dave Odom let me do a ton of practices which was a lot of fun during Duncan, Chill & Rogers years. Did Midnight Madness in ESPN Timmy’s senior year
Having practice officials is something I saw Tacy do when I was in school & John Clougherty was working them as he was a young ACC official working at Wake then.

Helps to get bad habits out of their system if junk is called during practice! I thought Skip’s teams had tons of bad habits and never did quit setting illegal screens (Darius)
Plus Skip’s teams never practiced defense and it showed. (Friend’s son was on his teams and when we had lunch on Friday if NCAA tourney in Cleveland he said exactly that! Spent 90+% of time on offense, never coached ‘helpside D’ and never taught players to cut off the baseline as the 6th defender (a basic taught players in middle school he said).
Consequently that next night vs WV was Skip’s worst coaching of his career! Beilein changed defenses on him & Skip couldn’t counter. Skip didn’t know T rule of order of shots and sent Levy to line for all 4 instead of CP or Gray. Then endgame we heard him from our seats call a play for Big E, only to have Ellis tap him on shoulder that E wasn’t in the game.
Last two season Skip finished dead ass last in ACC & next to last. The man won early with GDO’s players, couldn’t take advantage of a generational player like CP. Then died way too early but as a huge loser.
Hahahaha shut up, baby dick.

People, why are any of you discussing officiating with Reff? For deacades, he has never seen bad call or bad game by a ref. Reff has been in the Top 3 craziest posters from tday he arrived. This included a parent of a Deac who thinks only birds of a feather should marry and the CRAZY bobs.

I have to admit that Reff did do something that no other human being ever did. Seven billion people on Earth and Reff was the only one Skip didn't like. Niiiiiicccceeeee..

So, please take his posts about Skip with an entire salt mine not just grain of salt when reading his posts about Skip.

Yeah watched it already. I check every night we have a game just to see what they have to say, last night was the first time they have spent more than a few seconds on anything wake, it was about 2 mins. Goodman does a lot of trashing the ACC
But Chill is on there sometimes so I like to hear his takes.
They talk about the acc alot but it's all duke and carolina.
Funniest thing I ever heard on field of 68 was Forbes on there at FF couple years ago when he was basically calling Goodman a dumbass for his '1 bid acc" comment. With 2 in the ff. Whole thing was hilarious.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

So Skip didn’t want some old 8xDeac trying to tell him how to coach, and probably tell him that he was the problem and never the officials

This post is pretty scummy even for you. Can debate Skip’s quality as an X and O guy all day. That last line is beyond the pale…

Skip never lost in Rd 1 of the NCAA tourney at Wake. 4-0. Stud.

Back