• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 18: Deacs at BC: Saturday 8 pm: ESPN2

I've not watched many other teams (unless wake is playing them) but watching dr's fav team's game I would have thought Filipowski was nba player if the year already.

Hildreth is Averaging 13pts, 6 rbs, 3 ast, 1 stl
Shooting 49/33/75

If he somehow gets his ppg up to 15 and keeps the rest of those stats, he's pretty much a guarantee for 2nd team, given the Deacs end the season playing well.

Hildreth has 1 bad game all season and that as @UNC.

Every other game he has either been above average to great.

Not really sure where to put this, but I am fairly sure that this is the first time in program history we have ever made double-digit 3's in five consecutive games.

Can't find a ton of stuff before 2002 that is easily/quickly searchable. Guess there might have been a time with Chill here where we did it though.

That's surprising in the sense that our collection of shooters this year isn't anything groundbreaking - 3 borderline 40% guys (obviously Monsanto trending northward) and a few more in that 30%-35% range. But it's not surprising based on the quality of shots our guys are getting. Sure, we have Louisville, BC, and Florida State to thank in part for it, but I have never seen a stretch of games that featured more completely wide open 3 point looks. I swear Daivien and Tyree have been TOO open a few times and missed. We have been spacing the floor and moving the ball as well as I can remember, and while we're not getting a ton of traditional inside play from our big men, Marsh is a constant alley-oop threat and is always rolling towards the basket, dragging guys with him. With Hildreth running his post-up game as a non-shooting guard it's just getting us a crazy amount of looks that are completely undefended.

There have been some comments about whether we should take so many threes, what happens when we go cold, etc... If you can get 25 wide open, toes-on-the-line, in-rhythm threes every night you take them, end of story. Outside of Monsanto heat checks and Tyree with the shot clock running down, we have to be taking the highest percentage of open threes in the ACC. Whenever I watch other games right now I'm struck by how many bad shots teams take. Because I'm getting used to watching a Forbes offense...

Great post. Testament to the job Forbes is doing, and once again reminds us all how lucky we are to have him leading the program.

A lot of it is that Monsanto, Williamson, and Appleby are responsible for 282/436 three point attempts on the year (65%). So 65% of the time we are getting a 40%+ 3-pt shooter a look.

Last year we had three guys who could stripe it, but Alondes took 128 3's as as 28% 3-pt shooter.

Hildreth is Averaging 13pts, 6 rbs, 3 ast, 1 stl
Shooting 49/33/75

If he somehow gets his ppg up to 15 and keeps the rest of those stats, he's pretty much a guarantee for 2nd team, given the Deacs end the season playing well.
Could win Most Improved in the ACC as well. He’s going to be a Wake legend if he stays for 4 years which I assume he will

I've not watched many other teams (unless wake is playing them) but watching dr's fav team's game I would have thought Filipowski was nba player if the year already.
A lot of people watch less college basketball, but I think the top half of the ACC is putting out a fantastic product this year. The NC State Miami game was as compelling as any regular season college game as I’ve seen in a while with some excellent basketball on display from both teams and not a whole lot of mistakes and turnovers. Top half of the Big East with Xavier, Marquette, Providence, UConn, etc. is also a great watch.

I mean, Carr this year versus Alondes last year are pretty close in percent of 3's taken (16% vs. 18%) and not that far off make-wise (28% versus 33%) - you're talking like a difference of 2 made three pointers at this point in the year.

Last year we had Jake, Mucius, Daivien, Monsanto, and Walton all well over 35%. I just think ManMan ball didn't lend itself to as much ball movement, we played for more shots inside whereas this year we're quicker to kick it back out.

Still think last year's team prior to Manman's injury was better than this year's, but the fact that it's a discussion (without Ituka) is pretty amazing.

Many here, myself included, would rearrange our schedules and lives around ACC basketball. The old round robin days of 9 teams and 18 home and homes was amazing. We took sick days off of school to watch day one of the ACC tourney and NCAA tourney. It was crushing when my dad was stationed somewhere we could not get the games. If you told me in middle school the internet would have allowed us to see every game I might not have believed it possible.

The last decade really killed the enjoyment of college ball. Those who's names I will not speak did irreparable harm and can die slow painful deaths in a fireball of low temperature misery.

Forbes has slowly begun bringing wake basketball enjoyment back.

I mean, Carr this year versus Alondes last year are pretty close in percent of 3's taken (16% vs. 18%) and not that far off make-wise (28% versus 33%) - you're talking like a difference of 2 made three pointers at this point in the year.

Last year we had Jake, Mucius, Daivien, Monsanto, and Walton all well over 35%. I just think ManMan ball didn't lend itself to as much ball movement, we played for more shots inside whereas this year we're quicker to kick it back out.

Still think last year's team prior to Manman's injury was better than this year's, but the fact that it's a discussion (without Ituka) is pretty amazing.

It's a discussion on the offensive end. So far, it is not a discussion defensively. Our interior defense has gone from a strength to a very concerning weakness.

It's a discussion on the offensive end. So far, it is not a discussion defensively. Our interior defense has gone from a strength to a very concerning weakness.

True. But if Carr and Klintman can improve on defense, this team will be very competitive.

Defense is irrelevant on message boards. Next...

Eye test only, but I feel our defense has looked better this year, with the exception of slow closeouts/rotation on 3 pointers (which seems to be part of the scheme). By the numbers, defense was better last year, but I feel that we play the passing lanes better and are giving up fewer easy buckets. I also feel like opponents have been shooting really well, even when shots are contested (and feelings are all that matter here, right).

now, FT rebounding this year.......woof.

I don't even think it's slowly anymore when you talk about Forbes bringing the enjoyment back. The enjoyment is there, we are playing tough, good basketball. Watching the team is fun, and I look forward to the games now. My wife is literally pumped up that we have Clemson and UVA at home this week, rearranged her schedule to make sure she was here for the UVA game now. Just gotta get over the tourney hump first then keep cruising. Hoping we can make a good show in gboro this year also, where the ACCT should be PERMANENTLY!

Haven’t seen this posted yet. Carr named ACC PotW.

d3b979971d95eb1ea2eca32f89b59db8.jpg

Back