• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 18: Deacs at BC: Saturday 8 pm: ESPN2

Strength of record (SOR) ranking provided by ESPN is a primary consideration by the committee. Eight ACC teams in the top 50 vs. nine B1G teams.. Wake is #47.

Good effort last night, probably the best win of the season. The rotation has become obvious. Appleby, Hildreth, Monsanto and Williamson occupy the 1-3. Carr, Klintman, Marsh and Bradford handle the frontcourt. Seems like Marsh and Bradford man the five against jumbo fives with Carr at the four. Carr at the five and Klintman at the four against more mobile bigs. Klintman sees time at the three when a big lineup is required. Monsanto to the four when extra scoring is desired.

He was playing off ball for several possessions. I thought at the time they were effectively giving him rest while he was on the court.
The only real rest is sitting down. Resting on offense is overrated.

Kid is having a special season, and we've got to find a way to sit him for 1-2 minutes per half. Williamson or Hildreth can do it.

I mean we need to win at least 1 game in the ACCT and we need his legs fresh.

I get the concern, but he does get to rest during four TV timeouts per half and called timeouts. And he gets standing rest during all the FTs. We complain that college basketball isn't a back and forth game and there are too many stoppages. That works in favor of getting rest.

I get the concern, but he does get to rest during four TV timeouts per half and called timeouts. And he gets standing rest during all the FTs. We complain that college basketball isn't a back and forth game and there are too many stoppages. That works in favor of getting rest.

Forbes is calling adjustment timeouts earlier and more often than he has in the past. Also helps the rest factor a little.
I’ve noticed that. Felt like he let things snowball before timeouts a few times last year but has done a better job this year. He also delegates a lot of in game coaching to his assistants which works out well given how talented this staff is. Head coach openings will surely lure guys like Shay and Woodley at some point but it’s great to have them now.

Forbes is calling adjustment timeouts earlier and more often than he has in the past. Also helps the rest factor a little.
This is one of the adjustments Forbes has made to his coaching. Last year he was very much in the "let the players figure it out" camp and rarely called early time outs.

This year he is much more aggressive about calling time out early in the first half if needed to make some adjustments. He isn't just "letting the players figure it out." He is figuring it out for them and telling them.

It's an adjustment, but part of that may be due to having a much less experienced roster.

Wonder if Shay will want to be a head coach again after the debacle at ETSU

Not really sure where to put this, but I am fairly sure that this is the first time in program history we have ever made double-digit 3's in five consecutive games.

Can't find a ton of stuff before 2002 that is easily/quickly searchable. Guess there might have been a time with Chill here where we did it though.

Didn't get to pay full attention to the game the first time around, so got to put in some #analysis on it last night and fast forward through those awful commercials. Takeaways: Tyree > Alondes from a team perspective. Carr/Marsh come out equal to Walton/Sy.

We don't have anyone close to LaRavia, but the sum of our parts get close to equaling the production.

DW < DW of last year, but I'm hopeful he starts playing better.

Klintman/Monsanto when at best > Mucius

Biggest thing we have going for us is 2022/2023 Cam >>>>>>>>>> 2021/2022 Cam. And he gets better every game, and might be good enough to be the guy we needed to step up to help carry a lot of the load to bring us to the tourney this year. No one was predicting Cam to play at this high of a level in all facets of the game.

You have to be impressed with what Forbes has been able to do this season. I did not think we would be in this position almost halfway through the conference schedule.

Especially given that someone we thought was going to be a key piece - Jao - is not even playing.

This is the second season in a row he has taken a player that already had a lot of experience in college, and is finding another gear (or two) from them. Alondes last season, Appleby this season.

I am concerned that Appleby will run out of gas down the stretch. Alondes seemed to towards the end of last season, and he was playing less minutes. But not sure what else can be done right now if there is no one else on the roster that can give 8-10 mins at guard.
Alondes was playing through a foot injury at the end of last season.

Didn't get to pay full attention to the game the first time around, so got to put in some #analysis on it last night and fast forward through those awful commercials. Takeaways: Tyree > Alondes from a team perspective. Carr/Marsh come out equal to Walton/Sy.

We don't have anyone close to LaRavia, but the sum of our parts get close to equaling the production.

DW < DW of last year, but I'm hopeful he starts playing better.

Klintman/Monsanto when at best > Mucius

Biggest thing we have going for us is 2022/2023 Cam >>>>>>>>>> 2021/2022 Cam. And he gets better every game, and might be good enough to be the guy we needed to step up to help carry a lot of the load to bring us to the tourney this year. No one was predicting Cam to play at this high of a level in all facets of the game.
Cam will likely be All-ACC either 1st or 2nd. They won't put both Appleby and Hildreth on 1st.

Hildreth will not be first team All-ACC barring absolute greatness the final 13 games. He's got a decent case for second team roughly 35% of the way through the year.

I think 4/5 are fairly obvious so far for 1st Team - Appleby, Wong, Smith, and Bacot.

The fifth spot gets a little tricky. Could go Pedulla for VPI, Tyson for Clemson, Filipowski for Duke, Jesse Edwards for Cuse, or a dark horse, Norchad Omier, the Arkansas State transfer for Miami.

Would probably go Tyson at this point.

Back