• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

Wake Karma in a nutshell:

Our new rival beats us in the ACC Championship game and a do-or-die ACCT game. But our dude has our back….

We got a slide short of a first down and the Marucci Miracle in a 4-8 football season.

It would be nice if we could turn our attention to baseball after shitty football and basketball but the early returns say baseball sucks too except Burns. Maybe they get things going this weekend in Virginia
I genuinely need 2 out of 3 this weekend like I need air.

Was hoping for a relatively fun season and whatever happened happened post ACC play.

But no... It's gonna be a long spring if they want to hit 10 batters a game.

I know no one wants to hear this, and that’s fine, but why is it so much to ask to have two halves of basketball called the same way? Pitt had no fouls for 12 minutes in first half and we were in double bonus for last half of second half.

They were going small and killing our bigs. No Reid was the right call. Our guys just didn't make shots.
How many 2nd chance points or inside buckets on Carr did they get during that stretch though. Felt like a lot.

I know no one wants to hear this, and that’s fine, but why is it so much to ask to have two halves of basketball called the same way? Pitt had no fouls for 12 minutes in first half and we were in double bonus for last half of second half.

Agree. Was ridiculous what they were letting go in the first half only to call all kinds of ticky tack shit in the second. Typical shitty NCAA officials

refs overcorrected from the first half, it made for a very uneven game. Its gotta be very difficult to play when you have no clue what’s going to be called

I really like this team a lot --- and I'm terribly disappointed in the loss today.

But I believe that this team is legitimately a better team than at least 25 of the teams that will make the NCAA tournament, and it's a damn shame that the losses to Georgia Tech and Notre Dame (more so than today's loss), are the reason that we won't make the Big Dance.

But I will keep pulling for these guys as long as they keep winning.

I believe that Sallis could leave and sneak into the NBA as a late 2nd round pick this year, or he could come back and be an absolute badass next year. I'm hoping for the latter.

refs overcorrected from the first half, it made for a very uneven game. Its gotta be very difficult to play when you have no clue what’s going to be called
This is the one thing all the Wake and Pitt fans in our section 100% agreed on.

How many 2nd chance points or inside buckets on Carr did they get during that stretch though. Felt like a lot.
They were getting them all game on Reid and Carr too.

I really like this team a lot --- and I'm terribly disappointed in the loss today.

But I believe that this team is legitimately a better team than at least 25 of the teams that will make the NCAA tournament, and it's a damn shame that the losses to Georgia Tech and Notre Dame (more so than today's loss), are the reason that we won't make the Big Dance.

But I will keep pulling for these guys as long as they keep winning.

I believe that Sallis could leave and sneak into the NBA as a late 2nd round pick this year, or he could come back and be an absolute badass next year. I'm hoping for the latter.
Sallis is first round in most mocks I've seen. He'd be a good complementary piece on a good team which is why he'd be a good late first round pick.

This team has been victimized by poor officiating all year with today being exhibit A. This needs to get get fixed.

this is why one of the worst officiated tourney games in recent memory.

that one smaller ref with the balding grayish black hair that he combs back shouldn't be reffing middle school. Seen him too many times and he is awful

They were getting them all game on Reid and Carr too.

Sallis is first round in most mocks I've seen. He'd be a good complementary piece on a good team which is why he'd be a good late first round pick.
If he gets first round assurances he should absolutely leave. Next year's draft class is better and playing yourself into the first round will be harder than it is this year. Plus, the minimum $2mm salary guaranteed. Nice little perk that last part.

Now, if he falls into the second round it will be an interesting test case for our brave, new NIL world. A non-guaranteed contract and fighting for a roster spot in Summer League or Uncle Mit's fat NIL check?

Back