• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

Defensive rebounding was piss poor all year - Not just today.

Cost Wake at least 2 games, IMO
Well we basically had 3 guards and a shooting forward and a center. we are lucky Cam was such a great rebounder.

we were 2nd in the conference in defensive rebounding behind unc. not our problem at all largely thanks to reid.

i do agree defensive rebounding was an issue for us when reid wasn’t on the floor.

For this game, Forbes needed to borrow the tallest offensive lineman from the football team and let him make some space for Wake's shooters.

Our deal with the devil to get Duncan for his senior year must have meant we will never get an extra year out of a promising player ever again. Y'all hoping for Sallis returning have missed the 100% of the time it hasn't happened in the last quarter century.

i do agree defensive rebounding was an issue for us when reid wasn’t on the floor.

Correct - Defensive rebounding without Reid on the floor was piss poor all year.

Definitely benefitted from Cam pulling more than his weight on the defensive glass.

this is why one of the worst officiated tourney games in recent memory.
Pitt guard, maybe Carrington, seemed shocked when he got called on the reach in early second half on Boopie.

Idiot. You arm barred our guy on the drive and then fouled him again with the hack down on the wrist.

Complain and whine...and no idea how we got mugged all first half and 2 whistles blew versus Pitt.

Two.

I’m sure it’s already been said after what happened today, but not having much depth is a serious flaw in how we run our b-ball program. I don’t think we have to have 10 contributors to be successful, but we need at least 2-3 people who can come off the bench and give us meaningful production. We simply haven’t had that (to be fair, some of that this year was just shit luck with Jao and Damari’s injuries, Bobi leaving, not having Reid for a lot of games, etc). Regardless, Pitt had 30 bench points to our piss-soaked 0. That can’t continue to happen down the stretch like it has the last three seasons if we want to advance the program and play games in March that we care about.

Last edited:
we played. Did we get young kids minutes? no. McCray and Taylor didn't play in the NIT.

Whitt had been benched, so Cam's minutes went up a bit.

Thanks! I remember playing in it and remember losing to TAMU, but don’t remember whether we suddenly lengthened the bench and got other guys more minutes. If we didn’t do it then, I assume we won’t do it now, but who knows.

Our deal with the devil to get Duncan for his senior year must have meant we will never get an extra year out of a promising player ever again. Y'all hoping for Sallis returning have missed the 100% of the time it hasn't happened in the last quarter century.

NIL changes everything. Without knowing how it works exactly, being able to pay him rather than ending up in the D-League for less money changes everything.

Well, that game (and the officiating) sucked.

I'm not going to read all of the comments (many of which I probably agree with), so I'll share how I coped after the game:

We had great weather in late afternoon in SW Virginia - 74 degrees at game's end with a slight breeze and low humidity. A few brews and tokes, while sitting on the back patio, watching a male cardinal and male bluebird dance at the feeders totally changed my mood.

Carry on.

Back