• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Syracuse - Thursday, September 1st (Wake +6.5)

This is bullshit. :D I'm visiting my brother's house in NJ (here on business) and he was at the Barclay's this afternoon, so he left a key for me so I could let myself in when I arrived. I got here a few minutes ago, and this greeted me in the backyard:

30ug3k1.jpg

I am so jealous that other conferences allow beer sales at games.
WHY ACC, WHY!!!!!!

Not an ACC rule. Up to the school and/or facility if not school owned. Miami is the only school that serves at football games. FSU serves during basketball games (don't know if anyone else does). The ACC does ban booze in the general seating areas of conference events (i.e., booze only in the club level/boxes at the ACCCG). The SEC has a total ban (conference events and all home games). Apparently 7 out of the 8 Big East teams serve beer at football games.

Not an ACC rule. Up to the school and/or facility if not school owned. Miami is the only school that serves at football games. FSU serves during basketball games (don't know if anyone else does). The ACC does ban booze in the general seating areas of conference events (i.e., booze only in the club level/boxes at the ACCCG). The SEC has a total ban (conference events and all home games). Apparently 7 out of the 8 Big East teams serve beer at football games.

BC doesn't. Doubt they did prior to joining the ACC either.

This is bullshit. :D I'm visiting my brother's house in NJ (here on business) and he was at the Barclay's this afternoon, so he left a key for me so I could let myself in when I arrived. I got here a few minutes ago, and this greeted me in the backyard:

30ug3k1.jpg

Sweet backyard though

Since Time Warner in Charlotte doesn't carry ESPN3, are there any places that we know of that are planning to stream the game?

You can buy beer at Wake games--you just have to be sitting in Deacon Tower.

WF/Cuse should be airing in the Triad on channel 519 for Time Warner Cable customers. I don't have any information about other areas of the state.

Last edited:
Has anybody watched anything live on ESPN3 recently? Has it improved?

I have a PS3 so I know it doesn't stream as well as XBox Live, but does anybody have an recommendations? Everything I've googled is pretty inconclusive.

ESPN3 isn't on PS3 yet is it? I though it was just XBox.

Anyway, watching on a laptop with a decent internet connection really isn't that bad, although obviously not optimal for a group setting.

Yeah, just XBox.

Forde sharing the love today! In his "Upset Watch" he writes
"The Big East (37) will have at least two bad losses. The schedule is set up for opening success: seven of the eight teams at home, and all seven of those are favored. But Syracuse will be taken down by visiting Wake Forest, and Louisville will be stunned by Murray State. The Orange and the Cardinals are both positioned to backslide a bit after significant improvements last season and look vulnerable in their openers.

Syracuse was fortunate in 2010 (few injuries, 4-0 in games decided by seven points or less) and has six new defensive starters who combined to do very little in 2010. They will be facing Jim Grobe's most experienced Wake team in several years."

Does anyone (RTQ) know anything about ESPN3 and Xbox360 with TWC? I heard it was up and running, but it still won't let me stream anything live.

Back