• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Syracuse - Thursday, September 1st (Wake +6.5)

^just was about to post this. hope he is right because I'm going to be there!

WF/Cuse should be airing in the Triad on channel 519 for Time Warner Cable customers. I don't have any information about other areas of the state.

updated the channel - 519.

I'm being told this will be throughout the Carolinas as well. Please check your listings to be sure!

And I don't know anything regarding xbox and ESPN3.

Any word on whether it is available to DirecTV customers?

I know I can watch it on my computer, but having it on the TV is preferable...

Has anyone tried to watch live espn3 events on the iPad via Skyfire? Curious as to how well it converts & streams live picture.

What kind of resolution does ESPN3 broadcast in? I guess the question I am trying to ask is is this game going to be broadcast in HD, SD, or something worse than SD?

Deacon923 said:
What kind of resolution does ESPN3 broadcast in? I guess the question I am trying to ask is is this game going to be broadcast in HD, SD, or something worse than SD?

I think it usually depends on whether there is HD coverage of the event. For example, sometimes when an event is covered on espn network & 3, they say it's HD on 3. In this case, though, unless espn is getting the feed from a regional provider who is broadcasting in HD, I would presume it's SD.

I think it usually depends on whether there is HD coverage of the event. For example, sometimes when an event is covered on espn network & 3, they say it's HD on 3. In this case, though, unless espn is getting the feed from a regional provider who is broadcasting in HD, I would presume it's SD.

Seriously, IF this is not picked up in HD, my local bar will probably frown on me playing the game on my computer.

Trying to get out and celebrate a Deac's 50th B-day that night ( can't believe I have friends that old), is there anywhere in Greensboro that will stream the game? Sorry not enough time to read through entire thread.

Does anyone (RTQ) know anything about ESPN3 and Xbox360 with TWC? I heard it was up and running, but it still won't let me stream anything live.

I have the same problem. I looked it up and they say they are still working on getting TWC linked up with 360. Yet another reason to switch from that POS TWC.

Thanks for this information. You made my day!

updated the channel - 519.

I'm being told this will be throughout the Carolinas as well. Please check your listings to be sure!

And I don't know anything regarding xbox and ESPN3.

I have the same problem. I looked it up and they say they are still working on getting TWC linked up with 360. Yet another reason to switch from that POS TWC.

FWIW - I have TWC in NC and watch events on ESPN 3 (360). It take a bit of effort to set it up - have to validate via the twc website, etc, but it does work.

One thing I've learned while looking for some additional info on this is Verizon FIOS subscribers can watch all the ESPN family of networks online along with the ESPN3 we already had. That include ESPN Buzzer Beater in the winter.

FWIW - I have TWC in NC and watch events on ESPN 3 (360). It take a bit of effort to set it up - have to validate via the twc website, etc, but it does work.

I have no problems watching on my computer. I do, however, have problems watching on my Xbox 360.

This ESPN3 stuff confuses the shit out of me. Does a game being on ESPN3 mean that there's no way a bar can get the game? Even if a bar has the whole Direct TV package, will the game still not show up?

Back