• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Syracuse - Thursday, September 1st (Wake +6.5)

Syracuse was the only team in the country last year not to have a single touchback. Wake was 89th in the country in touchback percentage

True frosh kicker last year and he's tiny 5'7 155lbs. Can kick 50 yard field goals all day long but I think he lacks the size to really get into kickoffs. Saw the ball come down at the 10-15 yard line way too many times last year. Havent heard any reports about our kickoffs out of camp but if we can keep you starting at the 30 I'd be happy. Should be between him and our true Frosh punter who's 6'1 210. Hoping the latter proves better.

True frosh kicker last year and he's tiny 5'7 155lbs. Can kick 50 yard field goals all day long but I think he lacks the size to really get into kickoffs. Saw the ball come down at the 10-15 yard line way too many times last year. Havent heard any reports about our kickoffs out of camp but if we can keep you starting at the 30 I'd be happy. Should be between him and our true Frosh punter who's 6'1 210. Hoping the latter proves better.

We are all too familiar with this concept

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/08/syracuse_university_football_b_2.html

Looks like Cuse is getting some players back from injury. But they are going to be YOUNG in the secondary. It seems like they will have true frosh on the two deep. As we know from last year, that is rarely a good thing.

I imagine Grobe will try to exploit the young secondary after (assuming we can) establishing the run.

Should see a 3 man rotation at CB. Kevyn Scott R-Sr, Keon Lyn - SO, and Ri'shard Anderson who I think we flipped from a Wake Forest commit IIRC. Lyn dislocated his shoulder in preseason, but is expected back? Not sure how such a speedy recovery. Scott was hurt last year, and every year but looks good when healthy. Anderson was penciled in as a starter last year until he broke his collar bone. Reaccuring theme with injuries.

If healthy we're good but if you see any of the frosh they are a bunch of fast guys with cover skills that are 15-20lbs of muscle from being ready to play D1. I'm hoping it doesn't get to that point obviously.

One saving grace is Jeremi Wilkes who played nickle corner last year but is cross training at FS this preseason. Smaller but has great cover skills and likes to hit.

Orange, what surface is in the Carrier Dome? Is it the old school astro turf, the newer Field Turf, or a similar product? It does seem like you guys have had a ton of injuries.

Orange, what surface is in the Carrier Dome? Is it the old school astro turf, the newer Field Turf, or a similar product? It does seem like you guys have had a ton of injuries.

Newer (2005) field turf. Practice fields as well. Most the practices have been outside or in Manley field house. Not sure the turf has anything to do with most of the injuries though. Lots of "concussion symptoms" guys but we havent had much luck with injuries of late, and some of the circumstances are bizzarre. Even Coach Marrone had knee surgery over the summer.

Sidenote for anyone planning on attending - It will likely be hot and muggy inside the dome in early September so get well hydrated before hand. While it's named for Carrier Corp., the dome itself does not have air conditioning. Edit - Scratch that last part. Should be ok being a night game.

Last edited:
Newer (2005) field turf. Practice fields as well. Most the practices have been outside or in Manley field house. Not sure the turf has anything to do with most of the injuries though. Lots of "concussion symptoms" guys but we havent had much luck with injuries of late, and some of the circumstances are bizzarre. Even Coach Marrone had knee surgery over the summer.

Sidenote for anyone planning on attending - It will likely be hot and muggy inside the dome in early September so get well hydrated before hand. While it's named for Carrier Corp., the dome itself does not have air conditioning. Edit - Scratch that last part. Should be ok being a night game.

You guys still sell cold barley water at the games, O133? :D

You guys still sell cold barley water at the games, O133? :D

We sure do. And last year they added wine for the ladies:)

By the way, Orange133, nice job with your cuse analysis so far. The only thing I disagree with is despite it being a night game, the Carrier Dome will most certainly be a sauna on September 1st.

By the way, Orange133, nice job with your cuse analysis so far. The only thing I disagree with is despite it being a night game, the Carrier Dome will most certainly be a sauna on September 1st.

Sweet. Saw you guys pound ECU back in 1997 up there, something like 56-0. Looking forward to the trip up with my wife in several weeks.

Dome foam. Labatts, Bud Light, standard stuff but its there @ $5 or $5.50 a cup. Closest thing you'll see to a dark beer is Mich Amber Bock which is a shame for any beer snobs like myself but will suffice.

I follow Syracuse football like it's my job but try and realistic despite my optimism so appreciate that.

As far as the Sauna, you're likely right but at least its better than a nooner with the sun beating down on the dome roof w/ 45,000+ warms bodies inside. The Minnesota opener 2 years ago it was clammy but not oppressive like it can be. Certainly a new experience for those who arent used to it.

Dome foam. Labatts, Bud Light, standard stuff but its there @ $5 or $5.50 a cup. Closest thing you'll see to a dark beer is Mich Amber Bock which is a shame for any beer snobs like myself but will suffice.

I follow Syracuse football like it's my job but try and realistic despite my optimism so appreciate that.

As far as the Sauna, you're likely right but at least its better than a nooner with the sun beating down on the dome roof w/ 45,000+ warms bodies inside. The Minnesota opener 2 years ago it was clammy but not oppressive like it can be. Certainly a new experience for those who arent used to it.

The dome has added a "craft/micro brew" stand. It has about 15 bottles of all sorts of craft beer. expensive but good choices.

I am so jealous that other conferences allow beer sales at games.
WHY ACC, WHY!!!!!!

I am so jealous that other conferences allow beer sales at games.
WHY ACC, WHY!!!!!!
enhanced-buzz-6052-1313595780-31.jpg

Beer can be found at the local Lowes on Reynolda before during and after Wake Forest football games!!!!!!11

Is the loss of Booi a big deal? Was he a starter at NG?

One week from today boys.....

Back