• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Syracuse - Thursday, September 1st (Wake +6.5)

I'm a mixture of cautiously optimistic and feeling negatively realistic. The first game should tell us a lot about the season.

We have plenty of internet tough guys, they're probably just staying away from the thread since it's been here a while. You're more than welcome here though it's always good to talk with opposing fans.

Thanks for the kind words and we hope you well after the first week of the season as well!

Appreciate the discussions from you guys. I'm a scout.com junkie and was linked here from the Syracuse board. Nice to get intelligent discussion instead of internet tough guys and fanboys (of which i've seen neither from WF fans).

Interesting dynamics as we are both rebuilding and we've recently been through seasons like the one you guys are coming off of.

The only time I'll ever dislike Wake Forest is the week we're playing you. Aside from that, I respect you guys and always hope to see you beatdown UNC and Duke.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our season, but won't know know much until week 1 vs you guys.

We spawned out of the old WFU scout boards about 5 months ago. I'm sure as we get closer to the kickoff, we'll have blowhards on both sides show up, but hopefully it'll be kept to a minumum. As numbers said, we're cautiously optimistic for this coming season. IMO, we'll be a better team but our results might not be much better due to the brutal schedule.

I'm a mixture of cautiously optimistic and feeling negatively realistic. The first game should tell us a lot about the season.

We have plenty of internet tough guys, they're probably just staying away from the thread since it's been here a while. You're more than welcome here though it's always good to talk with opposing fans.

Thanks for the kind words and we hope you well after the first week of the season as well!

For the most part we're finally past the negative feelings but if you guys come out and beat us down week 1 all bets are off. I think 2012 is the year for us to win the conference again, but 2011 should see at least another 8-5 year if not not better barring catastrophic injuries.

As for tough guys, they exsist anywhere, but I havent seen SU boards flooded with them. Fans can flame on their own boards all day, but it's nice to not have them go to other boards looking to start wars.

Whats the WF fans feeling about all the conference reallignment talk? If ACC and/or Big East gets raided we may end up confence mates at some point. Would you welcome Syracuse into the ACC now knowing that it almost happened in 2004?

Ticket Update WF @ SU

Capacity for the Carrier Dome is 49,262... per ticketmaster 5,316 tickets remaining. Not sure the alottment Wake Forest has been givin and sold but for those definitely coming to the game may want to consider buying tickets sooner rather than later. It's been awhile since a complete sell out but with the buzz around the program this game may get close.

Whats the WF fans feeling about all the conference reallignment talk? If ACC and/or Big East gets raided we may end up confence mates at some point. Would you welcome Syracuse into the ACC now knowing that it almost happened in 2004?

Yeah I'm fine with Syracuse joining the conference as I think most Wake fans will be because ultimately most Wake fans are basketball-first fans. Anything that will help the conference in basketball or add another marquee conference matchup for Wake I'm fine with. If it peripherally makes football more lucrative and makes sense for the conference I'm fine with it. I don't have a problem with Syracuse at all.

Syracuse also fits into the ACC from an academic standpoint. It's a solid, private school as opposed to one of the behemoths in the SEC/Big Ten.

Any players in specific I should be watching for to have a big year for the Deacs?

296354_517095635678_163700376_30446879_3684854_n.jpg

Is the general concensus that the ACC is happy at 12 teams or is there any desire to expand whether or not a couple teams exit?

If Syracuse goes anywhere I'd rather it be the ACC for hoops, and LAX plus as stated it fits better academically and from the perspective of not being a huge land grant state school with seemingly unlimited funding. If it happened though I'd like to see a couple others come with UConn, Pitt, L'Ville, and/or WVU just to keep rivalries and make it the toughest hoops league without question. Also, would love to hate Miami and Va Tech with the passion i once did.

Also, how do you guys feel about Boston College joining? Mistake, or you'd take them again if you had a do over?

Is the general concensus that the ACC is happy at 12 teams or is there any desire to expand whether or not a couple teams exit?

If Syracuse goes anywhere I'd rather it be the ACC for hoops, and LAX plus as stated it fits better academically and from the perspective of not being a huge land grant state school with seemingly unlimited funding. If it happened though I'd like to see a couple others come with UConn, Pitt, L'Ville, and/or WVU just to keep rivalries and make it the toughest hoops league without question. Also, would love to hate Miami and Va Tech with the passion i once did.

Also, how do you guys feel about Boston College joining? Mistake, or you'd take them again if you had a do over?

I'm fine with BC being in the conference but I don't really understand what they brought. Miami and VPI obviously brought some football prestige and the ability to compete on a national level, but BC isn't on that level.

If we go to 16 and don't lose anyone I'd like the teams to be Pitt, Syracuse, UConn, and Louisville.

I'd feel better about BC joining if we grabbed a few other Big East schools in the area. If and when we're forced to go to 16 to keep up with the Joneses, I want to grab 4 NE teams. The best four (In my book) would be Syracuse, UConn, Pitt and Rutgers.

Then divide the North and South divisons at the NC/VA line and go from there.

Agree with numbers, though to add that BC has made a couple of championship games in football and an ACC final in basketball.

I'd add that few ACC fans seem to have any confidence in Commissioner Swofford making any sort of proactive expansion move. Reactionary is another story, but you'd presume a reactionary move would likely add less quality to the conference than a proactive one would.

For athletics you'd want L'Ville and WVU over some of the others mentioned but I'm not sure what kind of academic hurdles they'd have to clear for entrance into the ACC.

I'm of the mind set BC would look alot better if they weren't on an island disconnected from the rest of the ACC. I just want Syracuse to be part of a stable, respected conference.

For athletics you'd want L'Ville and WVU over some of the others mentioned but I'm not sure what kind of academic hurdles they'd have to clear for entrance into the ACC.

I'm of the mind set BC would look alot better if they weren't on an island disconnected from the rest of the ACC. I just want Syracuse to be part of a stable, respected conference.

If WVU can make it into the conference anyone can, I don't want WVU because their academics are complete shit.

If WVU can make it into the conference anyone can, I don't want WVU because their academics are complete shit.

How do Va Tech stack up academically? I've always viewed their teams as full of thugs but am honestly not informed on their academics side.

Had the Virginia governer not had his way, you would already have Syracuse instead of Va Tech.

Current ACC Academic Rankings:

9-Duke
25-UVA
25-Wake
30-UNC
35-GA Tech
31-Boston College
47-Miami
56-Maryland
64-Clemson
69-VA Tech
104-Fla St
111-NC State

Academic Rankings of Potential Additions:

55. Syracuse
64. Pittsburgh
69. Uconn
176. Louisville
176. West Virginia
183. South Florida
NR. Rutgers, broken down by campus rather than the school

I didn't realize Louisville was so bad either

Wow NC state! FSU doesn't suprise so much though.

I didn't realize USF was that bad but apperently they along with WVU and Louisville make NC State look like Harvard in comparison.

Back