• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ UNCCH Nov. 14, 2020

It definitely did not seem like we intentionally slowed it down and let them catch their breath. I think we wanted to keep pouring it on but they started getting stops.

Grioux has been a real disappointment so far. Can't seem to get separation and that drop pass was a killer. Not sure about all the hype on him but Morin seems better at this point. Really hurt not having Perry plus Donovan in the 4th quarter.

This might have been mentioned, but on two back to back drives during the collapse, our WRs were Groulz, Morin, and Stewart. Were Greene and Roberson hurt? If not, unforgivable to not have them in there.

This might have been mentioned, but on two back to back drives during the collapse, our WRs were Groulz, Morin, and Stewart. Were Greene and Roberson hurt? If not, unforgivable to not have them in there.

Clawson said Greene was injured at that time.

Greene had 8 receptions for 170 yds and 2 TDs. Is that not good?

It is good. That’s why I said we are fortunate that he’s good.

I’m asking about Perry and Greene’s injuries.

The Air Force loss was bad because that 1998 team was expected to be pretty solid. I think we were in the Athlon top 25. And then we went to Air Force and got destroyed.

Yet that was only the second worst loss to Air Force behind Skip’s team losing to [Redacted]’s Air Force team.

Last edited:
It definitely did not seem like we intentionally slowed it down and let them catch their breath. I think we wanted to keep pouring it on but they started getting stops.

Yep

Their defense stepped up and got more stops. That was the difference.

No excuses. We are 0-2 against our most important rivals. Clawson needs to own that. Whatever happens the rest of the year doesn't change that. You score 42 and 53 and lose. UNACCEPTABLE

No excuses. We are 0-2 against our most important rivals. Clawson needs to own that. Whatever happens the rest of the year doesn't change that. You score 42 and 53 and lose. UNACCEPTABLE

And we were 3-0 last year against them. Beating Miami and Notre Dame would definitely make up for losing to UNC and State.

Take it fucking easy.

And we were 3-0 last year against them. Beating Miami and Notre Dame would definitely make up for losing to UNC and State.

Take it fucking easy.

I don’t think we beat Notre Dame, although I do think we have a decent chance against Miami. That would make up for the State and UNCheat losses in my book. Good chance they’ll be coming into Winston with just one loss to Clemson, and a top 10 team. Presents a huge opportunity.

The thing that I DON’T want to see is the late season collapse that happened in 17 and 19. We had a chance to have really good seasons and play in some big time bowls, but didn’t because of late season ending injuries to our stars and young guys not being ready to step in.

Sounds like we could be getting our best players back next week, with depth in our back pocket with guys like Andersen (who DID NOT have a good game but played well in the 3 games prior), Holmes, and Rucker.

Have faith DN.

We need to make sure we don't let today's loss beat us next week too. Come out focused, beat Duke and go from there. Miami is beatable, Louisville is having a disappointing season, but have some dangerous guys on offense. Notre Dame might be for real this year, but we'll take our best shot. Winning today would've been huge and we had it, but blew it. Got to move on.

Team and staff are busting their tails this year in a very tough environment--much respect. But I'd like to hear from Clawson on what will be done about the problem of giving up 35 unanswered points in eighteen minutes. That is not acceptable. We have had major systemic issues on the D side of the ball throughout his tenure at Wake.

demolition-glencairn-tower

Does anyone still want Hemphill to stay? I get that we righted the defensive ship for a couple games, but they were against awful UVA backups (and we got gashed in the 1st half), a horrible Syracuse team and backup QB, and a mediocre VT game to whom we still gave up a ton of yards. And it’s not like this season is the first time we’ve been gashed since he took over. Clawson needs to get a young, aggressive, hungry guy like Wisconsin did with Jim Leonard (as an example).

Hemphill and Leonard are probably around the same age.

Hemphill and Leonard are probably around the same age.

Leonard was born in 1982, so is 38.
Hemphill graduated college in 2002, so likely was born in 1980 and is 40 years old. Don't think those two years are a big difference.

Well he had a strong NFL career and was hired 4 years ago. Leonard was just the first example that came to mind since Wisconsin was dominating Michigan. You get the point. It would be hard to do much worse than Hemphill, in my opinion.

The defense yesterday was a disgrace. No pressure on the QB and at the same time receivers were wide open down field. This is not new especially against teams with a strong QB. UVA and VT had weak QBs or one dimensional. However, the issue of not putting teams away when you have the opportunity is on Clawson. It happens over and over again. Yes...Claw gets credit for building a team capable of getting into a strong winning position, but FINISH the damn job...especially against a shithole team like UNC. If last years game had 30 more seconds the outcome would likely have been the same as yesterday.

Back