• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ VT (10/14), 3:30PM on ACC Network

Goddamn, Kern's arm is so damn LIVELY. Gunslinger! He'll get quicker on the reads with more experience...I hope.

Ok someone needs to say it but this actually feels like probably our worst WR room in 4-5 years, just no consistency and the lack of dynamic playmaking/separation outside of Key (in theory) just isn't there with Greene out.

The game just looks so much slower for Kern. His internal clock is at the college level.

Ok someone needs to say it but this actually feels like probably our worst WR room in 4-5 years, just no consistency and the lack of dynamic playmaking/separation outside of Key (in theory) just isn't there with Greene out.
Yeah - i mean the bar is high those have been some good rooms, but no one in this group scares anyone

Not sure if Claw, ruggiero or qb coach makes call who starts and plays qb but whomever it was should never have a say in our starting qb ever again.

I don’t think Kern runs the RPO well. If we go with him the rest the season, I think we’ll see a lot more called straight, run or pass. I can see why Clawson would want to keep the RPO offense going, but Mitch just ain’t it.

Ditch the gimmick slow mesh.

We have a live-arm QB now!

Yeah, Kern is far and away better than Mitch based on what I’ve seen so far. Really starting to question what Clawson was basing his QB decision on.

I don’t think Kern runs the RPO well. If we go with him the rest the season, I think we’ll see a lot more called straight, run or pass. I can see why Clawson would want to keep the RPO offense going, but Mitch just ain’t it.
Hot take - everyone has figured out the slow mesh and it is kinda washed now. Let’s move on

We have tools to run a traditional offense. The RPO was developed in part when there needed to be a scheme to adapt to the massive talent gap.

We have good receivers (except for today apparently) and good backs.

Back