• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ VT (10/14), 3:30PM on ACC Network

Clawson knows his team is in a deep hole but he believes they are working hard to dig out. He’s not sure about the outcome any more than a fan is. Glad he’s still believing they will improve.
Sounds like he was surprised that everything on the offense seems to have deteriorated at once. O-line. Jurgens has been very good at center for multiple years. This year, moved to guard, he suddenly can't block.

Supposedly Gulbin and Sharpe were close all spring and summer. Yet Gulbin was barely above "poor" with a pff grade of 51 for the VPI game. Spencer Clapp has been around forever. His PFF grade was the worst on the O-line, a poor 47. At least he played fewer than half the offense snaps.

The rest of the O-line guys were overall pretty much average. It is puzzling that Tabacca suddenly can't put together a decent O-line. It is shocking that out of four classes of guys, (players in their 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th years at Wake) there aren't five guys who are at least "average."

The two tight ends were the other two of the bottom 5 on offense. This is a position where Wake has struggled to find guys who are good and can stay on the field for several years.

Maybe it was just one week that I saw, but I think Jurgens is one of the highest rated offensive linemen in the country. I don't think it's accurate at all to say that he "suddenly can't block".

Perhaps I am off on that one though/he fell off drastically the last few weeks (like our entire line seemingly has).

Maybe it was just one week that I saw, but I think Jurgens is one of the highest rated offensive linemen in the country. I don't think it's accurate at all to say that he "suddenly can't block".

Perhaps I am off on that one though/he fell off drastically the last few weeks (like our entire line seemingly has).
Jurgens was bottom five of the offense in PFF with a VaTech game grade of 54. Average for PFF is 60. That is a big drop from last year. 3 O-line and two tight ends were the bottom five PFF grades in the VaTech game.

No Pitt game thread 25hrs before kickoff? Tears.

ETA: N/m didn't scroll down far enough.

Last edited:
Back