• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ VT (10/14), 3:30PM on ACC Network

HailToTheDeacons

Fantasy Sheep Champion
Reaction score
ACC Release: https://theacc.com/news/2023/10/2/acc-announces-football-game-times-networks-for-oct-14.aspx

The Atlantic Coast Conference and its television partners announced the following football game times and networks for Oct. 14.

Saturday, Oct. 14
  • Wake Forest at Virginia Tech, 3:30 p.m. ET on ACC Network
  • Louisville at Pitt, 6:30 p.m. ET on The CW Network
  • NC State at Duke, 8 p.m. ET on ACC Network
ESPN has elected to use a six-day selection for the following two games which will fill the noon and 7:30 p.m. ET windows on ABC:
  • Syracuse at Florida State
  • Miami at North Carolina

Any guesses about the potential game time for PITT on October 21?

It screams CW. I would guess 2 based on their times this year.
There is a LIV golf event that weekend, so the CW time slot will probably be at 6:30pm that Saturday, like it was for the GT at Wake game.

There is a LIV golf event that weekend, so the CW time slot will probably be at 6:30pm that Saturday, like it was for the GT at Wake game.
That's not good for Homecoming.

I hope so, at least for my personal schedule. Need it to be pretty much anytime other than 3:30

I don’t think I’ve ever heard the school referred to VPI outside of this board. I know that’s what it used to be called but I know some grads and my wife is from VA and I don’t think she’s ever heard it called that either.

I used to see it regularly back in the 80s and 90s.

I used to see it regularly back in the 80s and 90s.
As a kid I think the first time I even heard of the school was the Vick year when they lost to FSU. And it was just Virginia Tech. But I was young so didn’t pay too much attention to it.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard the school referred to VPI outside of this board. I know that’s what it used to be called but I know some grads and my wife is from VA and I don’t think she’s ever heard it called that either.
I was in that boat until a week ago when Pitt people used it going into their game against ... VPI.

There are a ton of VPI fans/alums in the Winston area and they were annoying as hell. It was communicated to me that they did not like the shorthand "VPI", so I just kept using it because I'm petty, and now I just default to it here and IRL.

Not sure if that's still the case.

I still refer to them as the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.

Back