• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ VT (10/14), 3:30PM on ACC Network

I was there! About fell asleep a few times but it was a win!! I think I saw a while back that it was ranked as one of the worst games ever played on TV. How that gets ranked is beyond me but it was butt ugly.

WF would have scored fewer than zero points in regulation if Mitch had QB'd that game.

Well, if both teams start at 0-0 and one team turns it over to the other for a touchdown, you could certainly score it as -7-0. So, theoretically, you raise a good point. :)

Wasn't this one of the games that Tommy Elrod's fuckery possibly affected?
Yes - he gave Shane Beamer plays. Beamer said he didn’t pass the information on to anyone else (um, right…), and VaTech fined him $25k.

Wife and I watched it with one of our friends from Wake at Buffalo Billiards in DC (RIP). They only had it on one TV IIRC and it was the three of us sitting next to a decent sized VT fan group. Those guys were huge shit talkers before and the beginning of the game. At first we took it in stride and were giving them shit back.

But as it become more apparent as the game went on how bad both teams were they started getting angrier. We ignored them. Once it went to OT those guys were pissed. As soon as the game ended we GTFO’d because they probably would’ve tried to fight us. They couldn’t fathom losing to LOWF.

Wife and I watched it with one of our friends from Wake at Buffalo Billiards in DC (RIP). They only had it on one TV IIRC and it was the three of us sitting next to a decent sized VT fan group. Those guys were huge shit talkers before and the beginning of the game. At first we took it in stride and were giving them shit back.

But as it become more apparent as the game went on how bad both teams were they started getting angrier. We ignored them. Once it went to OT those guys were pissed. As soon as the game ended we GTFO’d because they probably would’ve tried to fight us. They couldn’t fathom losing to LOWF.
Wimp. Should have fought them.

Dooley's first season at WF wasn't until '87. We beat Dooley's VPI team in '83.
Yeah. Dooley never coached against VPI when he was at Wake. However he was 3-3 against UNC.

Back