• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ VT (10/14), 3:30PM on ACC Network

It's weird they call themselves that. Virginia isn't a state, its a commonwealth.
there's an HBCU called Virginia State, which is interesting since their larger "state" university is called Virginia Commonwealth.

Had a friend growing up whose dad went to Virginia tech. They definitely called it Virginia Tech, but he had a hat and A sweatshirt that said VPI.

The real name of Georgia Tech is North Avenue Trade School. Or maybe Georgia Institute of Technology.

There are a ton of VPI fans/alums in the Winston area and they were annoying as hell. It was communicated to me that they did not like the shorthand "VPI", so I just kept using it because I'm petty, and now I just default to it here and IRL.

Not sure if that's still the case.

Similarly, I had an intern at my workplace one time correct me for calling them Va Tech. I thought, that just makes me want to call them precisely that, which is what I did.

Love that the importance of LIV is impacting our start times.

Or the irrelevance of Wake Football is clashing with the irrelevance of LIV golf as they both battle it out for CW coverage.

the fuck does Wake football on the ACCN at a normal timeslot have to do with LIV

Got tickets back in July for this game. Excited to go out

the fuck does Wake football on the ACCN at a normal timeslot have to do with LIV
Believe it is in reference to the Pitt game and not VT.

Was mentioned earlier in this thread that Pitt is likely a CW game and with a LIV event that same day on the CW it would probably mean a 630 start for Wake.

This game may turn out to be another ugly 14-6 slugfest
We were all a little more optimistic when we got the tickets. Got them for $25 each though so can’t complain, never been to any CFB games outside of here and App so looking forward to seeing what they got going on up there

Wake opens up as 1 point favorites. Might as well hammer it.

Posted this on the Clemson thread in the postgame, but

WF last won in Blacksburg in 1983. Since then we have played twice in Blacksburg and lost by a total of 50 points.

Time to go get a win.

I’m predicting Magic Mitch will make Kern’s chances of seeing the field disappear

I was at the 1983 game. Loved sitting with my VPI friends and hanging out with them afterwards.

Back