• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ VT (10/14), 3:30PM on ACC Network

And Jared Kushner is Jewish.

Gonna be super fun to have Saturday's broadcast focus on how "these two teams were in the championship game just two seasons ago" but have fallen on hard times.

I'm just showing up for the fights that are promised, hoping to sample some of that gin and plan to head home. Anyone else?

Clawson's comments about the QB situation can be found at the 6 minute mark of today's presser:

• Kern out "for a couple of weeks"
  • Mitch "not 100% sure of his availability"
  • Going to "give Santino (Marucci) this week"
  • Going to "give our freshman reps this week"
Guessing that Griffis plays. If he does not, think everything is on the table including playing Gilliam or Mizzell (walk-on frosh who played well in Fall Camp).

Also, if it makes WF fans feel better for coach to accept responsibility for the current struggles, Clawson does it over and over again today. He also believes improvement is coming. I believe it.

The Miz Im Awesome GIFs | Tenor

Awesome!!!!!

Rhett Lowder opening the gate Saturday? That’s actually pretty awesome.

Man, I'm down on the Deacs this year. Awful season so far, with no real signs of things getting better. That said, I definitely and not understanding the Clawson hate. We haven't been bad in 7 or 8 years. Maybe we have a bad year. Clawson will get it right.
Yeah agreed. Don't think Clawson has taken us to the great level but he's definitely gotten us to the very good level. I remember that 6-6 season that we snuck into a bowl with Jamie Newman beating state at State, I didn't think we'd ever be bowl eligible. We look awful but I kinda still think Clawson may be able to get us to six wins somehow.

*Full disclosure I'm a naturally optimistic person

And apparently there is no 85 scholly limit if schools can get NIL deals for walk-ons big enough so they can pay their own way.

There was a fear that paying athletes would lead to further imbalance for schools like Wake, but what's happened is an even more imbalanced system emerged from the lack of leadership.

Yeah totally agree. On the flip side if Wake can get the nil thing really cranking it could actually even the imbalanced system giving us a chance at big recruits we would have never had five years ago.

I've met Dave several times at fundraisers. Trust me.... this is eating him up!!!! There is no one wanting to fix this shit pile of a season more than Clawson. We have to give him time to adjust.
This. A hundred times this.

There are little adju
I've met Dave several times at fundraisers. Trust me.... this is eating him up!!!! There is no one wanting to fix this shit pile of a season more than Clawson. We have to give him time to adjust.
There are little adjustments and big adjustments. The little adjustments are the changes from last game to next game to give Wake the best opportunity to win on Saturday.

The big adjustments are the changes necessary to build a competitive roster in the world of NIL payments and instant eligibility for undergraduate transfers.

The first is week to week. The latter may require a significant retooling of Wake's philosophy on how and who to recruit.

It was good to see Clawson accept responsibility and how he described the shared responsibility. I particularly liked his quote like, "The QB coach should think it's the QB's fault and the OL coach should think it's the OL's fault and so on. If that happens, everyone will do what they need to do. What we don't want is everyone looking for someone else to blame." He was good-natured about referring back to previous bad seasons. But I was a little taken aback that he slipped into "next year" mode talking about how Phil Haynes and Wolford showed improvement at the end of bad seasons. Doesn't seem like a guy who thinks he can finish strong. But he's a guy who has struggled in the last 5 games of the season most years.

Clawson knows his team is in a deep hole but he believes they are working hard to dig out. He’s not sure about the outcome any more than a fan is. Glad he’s still believing they will improve.

Back