• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFNZ- Charlotte radio

Quepo

Reaction score
Anyone know the story on why Taylor left?

I could stomach the show mainly because of him....can't stand the other 2 idiots(Marc & Q). Guess I shift to Gottlieb show now.

Hosting a Sirius XM show now.

Marc James is basically all the worst qualities of a sports radio host cobbled into one human being

Hosting a Sirius XM show now.

Marc James is basically all the worst qualities of a sports radio host cobbled into one human being

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more...could he be more cliche by being a fan of the Knicks, the U, and the Raiders??? I mean come on.

Great move for Taylor though....

But I love hearing about all the famous people he jerks off to and all things "Tha U"

Taylor is the best local sports talk guy in this state. I'm bummed he's doing a national show now, but he totally deserves that.

Taylor is great. Marc talks way too much about The U and I feel like he interviews G-Reg every week. Q is the worst as he constantly bashes Wake/Stan for stealing his airtime. Q is a bigger bandwagon fan than Marc with his love of Cowboys/Gamecocks; at least Marc graduated from The U.

What do they always close the show with? It sounds like, "Gets a BABY!"

Last edited:
Taylor is great. Marc talks way too much about The U and I feel like he interviews G-Reg every week. Q is the worst as he constantly bashes Wake/Stan for stealing his airtime. Q is a bigger bandwagon fan than Marc with his love of Cowboys/Gamecocks; at least Marc graduated from The U.

Taylor was the only thing good about that show and now that he is gone and Marc James is left, it is total garbage. Not sure how it will survive.

Q is a comedian, and intended by viewed that way. He says stuff to get a rise and to be funny. Marc is just terrible. That station is in serious trouble.

I guess Taylor will be on the Golf Channel in a couple more years.

Get some baby, it was the catchphrase of the Get Some Guy, a diehard Tarheel fan who called into the show for at least a decade if not longer. He passed away earlier this year I think.

Q is a comedian, and intended by viewed that way. He says stuff to get a rise and to be funny. Marc is just terrible. That station is in serious trouble.

I guess Taylor will be on the Golf Channel in a couple more years.

Yeah, guessing freakadeac hasn't listened to Q much if he doesn't get the joke. The guy is the QCB (Queen City Bastard). Led to me picking this username 11+ years ago.

Don't listen to WFNZ much at all anymore, other than the occasional "3 with the QCB". Did like Taylor better than the final years of Packer. I miss Gary Williams.

ETA: Q went to Princeton, so no need to bash him for not attending South Carolina freaka. :)

Last edited:
qc - Q didn't really go to Princeton, did he??? I've heard him say he went to an Ivy league school, but i find that very, very hard to believe.

99.9% sure that's part of his schtick. He's mentioned Princeton most often. Probably didn't go to any college.

My favorite thing QCB does is the Legends of the CIAA the week before the tournament here. From the Google machine:

I get to introduce our listening audience to great basketball players who got overlooked all because they played in the CIAA. I get to tell you where they come from, their historic performances, how they took pride in telling the other conferences ”no, I’m taking my talents to the CIAA”…

Legends like…Pluto Jones, Cleofus Earnhardt, oatmeal Robinson, Tyrone McBeth, Listerine Jackson…just to name a few.

some more CIAA names:Roscoe Dimaggo, Qunta Lil John, Raloe Crunchberry, Lester Cognac, Bruce Wayne Jackson, Denado Jackson and Pokey Chrysler.

Last edited:
QCB is a stand-up comedian who travels all over. He's also a huge fat guy. His Legends of CIAA week is great. He also likes to play the role of "token black guy" and all the stereotypes that come with that. That's why he's a Cowboy fan. And why he always talks about his Cousin Bootsy and "thugs".

Back