• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFNZ- Charlotte radio

I like QCB. I haven't listened to WFNZ in a while. Gary Williams was very good a while back. I thought Packer was "ok". He was a solid ringmaster which is what you want in that environment - poor man's Finebaum.

WOW I had no idea Q was a comedian. I always judged him based on his sports knowledge, which is lacking. Now I will view him through a new lens. He sounds like diabetes; I always envision this guy when he does '3 with the QCB'.

Lavell%20Crawford%202.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the Taylor & Marc show, but that's mainly because they replaced Packer, who I thought was a sanctimonious piece of shit.

Hate that Taylor left because he's much better than Marc. Marc is one of those radio personalities that spends more time speaking than the actual athletes he interviews. I swear it takes him 2 minutes to get out a question because he needs to soliloquy first.

WOW I had no idea Q was a comedian. I always judged him based on his sports knowledge, which is lacking. Now I will view him through a new lens. He sounds like diabetes; I always envision this guy when he does '3 with the QCB'.

Lavell%20Crawford%202.jpg

Same here

Taylor is the best local sports talk guy in this state. I'm bummed he's doing a national show now, but he totally deserves that.

Actually. David Glenn is absolutely the best sports show host in the state. Has most knowledge, background and ability. Taylor made the show tolerable but without him it will be awful and probably short lived in this format. Maybe DG will expand and go to drive time.

Actually. David Glenn is absolutely the best sports show host in the state. Has most knowledge, background and ability. Taylor made the show tolerable but without him it will be awful and probably short lived in this format. Maybe DG will expand and go to drive time.

Gross. Talk about your typical arrogant tar heel.

I agree completely. I enjoy listening to David Glenn (I know some here don't) especially when it comes to the ACC. Never liked Taylor and Mark. WFNZ needs an overhaul.

DG likes the sound of his own voice too much. He can be downright unlistenable at times, especially when he buys his own self righteous bullshit. Taylor is as good a listen as anyone I've ever heard on sports radio.

Wfnz is going to give Marc(ia) a month to prove himself. On the days Taylor was gone the show was unlistenable with the blather that came out of the air. James cannot handle a local show by himself. He has done some fillin nationally where his schtik may work better. He is too ill informed to be able to talk about local college sports after the Panthers season ends.

DG likes the sound of his own voice too much. He can be downright unlistenable at times, especially when he buys his own self righteous bullshit. Taylor is as good a listen as anyone I've ever heard on sports radio.

Isn't that the truth. Glenn can turn what should a simple yes or no answer and turn it into a 20 minute dissertation. Never heard anybody that likes to hear their own voice that much.

QCB is awesome.

Like a pack a hot dogs.

He's fantastic.

Taylor is a pretty good at the on-air aspects of his job and manages to salvage a likeableness in a business where it pays to be a jocksniffing front-runner. Part of his job is to be a cliché sports fan (Bama, the Red Sox, big Master's fan, local NFL team...checking an awful lot of boxes, aren't we?) and to his credit he manages to pull it off without being unbearable. Sometimes he is actually pretty good. I prefer to listen to his show when it comes to ACC stuff over the guys in Raleigh (whose station has a deal with Wolpfack Sports Marketing...and it shows).

Marc isn't as bad as people say, but I'm not sure he can carry the load by himself.

Last edited:
Like a pack a hot dogs.

He's fantastic.

Taylor is a pretty good at the on-air aspects of his job and manages to salvage a likeableness in a business where it pays to be a jocksniffing front-runner. Part of his job is to be a cliché sports fan (Bama, the Red Sox, big Master's fan, local NFL team...checking an awful lot of boxes, aren't we?) and to his credit he manages to pull it off without being unbearable. Sometimes he is actually pretty good. I prefer to listen to his show when it comes to ACC stuff over the guys in Raleigh (whose station has a deal with Wolpfack Sports Marketing...and it shows).

Marc isn't as bad as people say, but I'm not sure he can carry the load by himself.

I think he's actually from Alabama, so I can give him a pass on that one. I'll give you the Red Sox, though. He's got some bandwagon in him there.

The CIAA stuff is awesome. I would have loved to have seen Helicopter Jones play by day and compete with Wilt for the ladies at night.

Like a pack a hot dogs.

He's fantastic.

Tried to listen on the way home and couldn't bear it. He's just terrible. I know Glenn can be unbearable but I really enjoy his coverage of things in the ACC unlike the guys in Charlotte.

I can not recall the exact story but I believe that Mark Packer " discovered QCB " about 8-10 years ago when he was working at a fast food restaurant in Charlotte. He impressed Mark with his personality and Mark got him an entry level job at the radio station and he worked his way up from there.

Back