• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Great Thread! I recall someone posting a photo of Cam in January speculating he may be searching an NIL deal. I hope he stays with the team to finish his collegiate career but with this current slump he is in one has to wonder what he is pondering now.
I would hope a 2 game slump isn't enough for him to quit playing the game he loves and drop out of school.

Great Thread! I recall someone posting a photo of Cam in January speculating he may be searching an NIL deal. I hope he stays with the team to finish his collegiate career but with this current slump he is in one has to wonder what he is pondering now.
What would a photo of Cam leading to speculation he is searching for an NIL deal look like?

Was the picture of him shopping for new cars online, house shopping, counting his money?

What would a photo of Cam leading to speculation he is searching for an NIL deal look like?

Was the picture of him shopping for new cars online, house shopping, counting his money?
he was photographed shopping with andrew carr for some fundamentals

Marsh made some good improvement between his freshman and sophomore seasons. That was his first off season working with Wake's S&C staff because of his visa issues and concussion in 2021. He could use more lower body strength. And a heavy dose of "I am the biggest dude on the court" confidence so he plays like he is. Oh yeah, it would be great if he learned Cam's jump hook shot from 5 feet.
So an extra large dose of some BDE

Good point about not getting that first summer of S&C. Marsh is big but he's not strong. That can change.

I don't know that I'd say he's not strong. But he could certainly benefit from better understanding how he can use his size (particularly on defense).

He's strong but he's not stronger than other bigs and he doesn't know how to use his strength.

He's strong but he's not stronger than other bigs and he doesn't know how to use his strength.
I don't know that I'd say he's not strong. But he could certainly benefit from better understanding how he can use his size (particularly on defense).

IMHO, he doesn't have the lower body strength to plant and not get moved. Right now, dribble butt bump moves him. He needs the lower body strength to not be moved so easily by the butt bump.

IMHO, he doesn't have the lower body strength to plant and not get moved. Right now, dribble butt bump moves him. He needs the lower body strength to not be moved so easily by the butt bump.
This is fair. He's definitely a mako-ish "I skipped leg day" kind of a guy.

Can we get that C from Utah Valley to transfer to Wake? Dude was a monster and affected shots

When did we hear about last year's roster?

In:
Jao Ituka - Marist; 6'1" PG - 4/25/22
Andrew Carr - Delaware; 6'10" PF - 5/2/22
Tyree Appleby - Florida; 6'1" CG - 5/4/22
Davion Bradford - Kansas State; 7’0” C - 5/11/22

Out:
Carter Whitt - Transfer Portal - 3/20/22; Committed to Furman - 4/18/22
Jake LaRavia - Testing NBA Waters - 3/29/22; Staying in NBA Draft - 5/31/22
Dallas Walton - Foregoing final year - 4/11/22
Isaiah Mucius - Foregoing final year - 4/28/22
Damn would have been great to have Walton (and Skeen) back this year.

Next years opening starting five should have four guys who started multiple games for Wake this season. Only the PG won't have any prior starts in a Wake Uniform. Unless Cam is pressed into duty there. If so, it could be a very disappointing season.

Cam isn't a pg and shitting on him as if he was is... well, shitty.

Back