• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Vecenie is one of the lead NBA draft experts at The Athletic. He loves to find guys nobody else is talking about. Bobi certainly checks a lot of the boxes. The big questions are if he’ll put it together next season and if Wake can win if he does.
Obviously a lot can happen, but it feels like his development throughout the season was noteworthy.

If he just gets strong enough/works on his touch enough to finish around the rim it’s easy to see him being a quick riser. Someone needs to be hitting him with that giant pad as he tries to make shots around the rim all summer.

With an offseason to work on conditioning is it possible for Marsh to play 30 minutes a game next year? Don't know how realistic that is for a big guy

I’m sure he’ll be willing to put in that work but I’m guessing the results of that are largely genetic. Who knows if his is the type of body to respond well to training or to not make much difference.

It’s like that statistic about how high the chances are of playing in the nba if you’re 7 feet tall. Those who don’t, granted, may not be interested, but they also may not have the genetic gifts to craft that body athletically and there’s nothing that can change it.

Yeah, potential '24 1st Round pick is an eye-popping statement.

But if he makes a leap next year, I get it.

6'9" shooter that can defend, rebound, and handle the ball a little bit?

If he gets stronger this summer (and he should), he could be really good next year.
I'm not sure it would take much more than incremental improvement to get Klintman into late first round consideration. More willingness to take and continue to make threes. Stronger, to play better and more physical defense and also make dribble drive a bigger weapon. Continue to improve ball handling skills and passing so he is a decent secondary playmaker.

Do that and some GM for a good team with a late first round pick could fall in love with him as a second unit guy. He does a lot of things well.

A leap (to me) would mean one or more of his capabilities gets to elite level.

Also, as a foreign player he is not able to receive NIL right? That could hurt if he’s on the fence about potentially leaving. Anyway super excited to see how much better he is next year. A lot of things starting to come together for him on the floor.

This guy needs to shut his whore mouth so bobi stays all four years.

yeah, Bobi has a lot of potential. he needs to get stronger and be able to finish strong at the rim (or above the rim :)). i can't wait to see his improvement next year!

Added a link to the first post... Verbal Commits - D1 Transfers 2023

Total # of D1 Basketball Transfers by Year:
2022: 1763
2021: 1710
2020: 1002
2019: 987
2018: 866
2017: 716
2016: 469

This is according to that site... No idea, if accurate. My guess is that we've seen the peak and that going forward we'll see that number somewhere between 1000-1700. But I know nothing.

There are 351 D1 basketball programs. Five transfers per team seems like a lot.

I think the list includes D1 players transferring down to D2, as well as D2 players moving up to D1... But yeah, that's still a huge number.

OK. That makes more sense.

Verbal Commits also tracks walk-ons. I mean, they're people too ... but there's a chunk of that number that are practice squad players and aren't exactly sought after.

Back