• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I mean, I've just been sitting here pulling up random schools for a few minutes and the math checks out.

Pitt lost 8 last year and gained 3.
UMass lost 5 and brought in 8.
Wyoming lost 4.
Hampton lost 2 and added 2.
Wichita State lost 9 and brought in 7.

Those are just the first 5 schools that popped into my head.

Regardless of the exact number, it has been higher that historical the past few years due to extra COVID eligibility and not having to sit out a year.

I think it'll come down with the COVID eligibility part of it becoming less of a factor each year (until it disappears completely).

I mean, I've just been sitting here pulling up random schools for a few minutes and the math checks out.

Wyoming lost 4.

I find it most fascinating that those are the first five schools that popped into your head.

Wyoming lost 4.

nacho-libre-confused.gif

If we are looking for a postgrad PG, Kent State senior Sincere Carry would be a good place to start. 6’1” and a solid 185, career averages of 14.7 points and 5.1 assists. Just watched him drop 30+ on Akron. I was impressed.

If we are looking for a postgrad PG, Kent State senior Sincere Carry would be a good place to start. 6’1” and a solid 185, career averages of 14.7 points and 5.1 assists. Just watched him drop 30+ on Akron. I was impressed.
Sounds good.

Any eligibility left? He’s been in college 5 years and already transferred once.

I’m guessing he would have the Covid year to use, plus he only played 5 games his junior year at Duquesne—possible injury redshirt? Either way, if he has eligibility, this guy is a player.

I would worry he’d get called for traveling too much.

When Sincere Carry left Duquesne, there was no mention of injury being the reason for his departure in this article - but sometimes there are retroactive adjustments. If he is not granted a medical redshirt for the season in which he played 5 games before transferring, then he is done.

c5a5def5f0bc90656e7abd94d3bd0a96.jpg

This shows his 20-21 season as a redshirt year, but I still think he could take a Covid season too. He declared for the draft last year, but withdrew to return to Kent State. Have no clue what his intentions are moving forward.

c5a5def5f0bc90656e7abd94d3bd0a96.jpg

This shows his 20-21 season as a redshirt year, but I still think he could take a Covid season too. He declared for the draft last year, but withdrew to return to Kent State. Have no clue what his intentions are moving forward.
20-21 cannot be a redshirt season unless it is a medical redshirt. Unlike football, if you play one second of one game in basketball you cannot get a non-medical redshirt. So from above, he has already taken his Covid year and played in four non-Covid years. He would need to get a medical redshirt for 20-21 and it does not appear that there was a medical reason for him to leave the team and ultimately transfer to KSU

It doesn’t have to be a medical reason to leave just a medical reason not to play the rest of that season.

It doesn’t have to be a medical reason to leave just a medical reason not to play the rest of that season.

It appears he is under the maximum allowed playing time and it was all in the early part of the season. So he would qualify for medical red shirt based on playing time. NCAA doesn't always issue the medical redshirt until eligibility is otherwise exhausted.

Back