• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

It doesn’t have to be a medical reason to leave just a medical reason not to play the rest of that season.
Yes, correct. Logically if there were a medical reason not to play that season there would have been some reports of a medical reason. As stated previously there are sometimes retroactive adjustments.

He averaged 30 minutes per game and started the first five games of the season. Then he told his coach he wasn’t happy with the way he was being utilized and left.

In other words… he didn’t stop playing that year because of a medical reason. But the NCAA has granted exemptions to other people that also did not have a medical reason

Last edited:
If we are looking for a postgrad PG, Kent State senior Sincere Carry would be a good place to start. 6’1” and a solid 185, career averages of 14.7 points and 5.1 assists. Just watched him drop 30+ on Akron. I was impressed.
He’s very good.

Bradford has an instagram story with the song "better off" and the Deacon removed from his jersey with "processing" in the corner. So...yeah.

No offense to Bradford, but if he transfers out that’d be ideal. I was worried about him not being able to transfer a 2nd time.

He’s got potential, but Marsh is similar (and better). Would rather have Keller in the rotation and also bring in someone at the 4/5 that can play rim protecting defense.

And a PG, obviously.

We would have won the same number of games this year without Bradford. Bye.

The post move he started against Fairfield is 80% complete. He may get the shot off by the time One Shining Moment plays in April.

Bradford has a really good game vs georgia early in the year but we still win that game without him.

Hmmmm, maybe not exactly what we need, but his name is BJ Mack, and we have BJ Mack-eee, so....

He’s a big man who can score. That’s what we need.

Yeah, was thinking we needed more of a rim protector and a pg first and might have limited spots, but if you average 16 and 6 two straight years, sign me up, regardless.

Watched the end of the Wofford game and thought that Mack could play in a Power V conference. Mack is a slightly shorter and not as fat version of DJ Burns. Mack can shoot the three a little. He's listed at 6-8, but think he's closer to 6-6, but its a husky 6-6. He's more of 4 than a 5. He's not a shot blocker.

Mack's O rating was 117. Would think that VT might have the inside track as Mike Young has brought over a ton of Wofford transfers.

Was thinking that about Young, too, but Mack didn't play for him; maybe there are enough residual connections/relationships, though, and he was on top of it due to the resignation/interim thing at Wofford this year.

A big who can score in the post would give the rotation more flexibility. He could be an undersized C with Bobi at the 4. He could be a 4 with Carr as a stretch 5.

Watched the end of the Wofford game and thought that Mack could play in a Power V conference. Mack is a slightly shorter and not as fat version of DJ Burns. Mack can shoot the three a little. He's listed at 6-8, but think he's closer to 6-6, but its a husky 6-6. He's more of 4 than a 5. He's not a shot blocker.

Mack's O rating was 117. Would think that VT might have the inside track as Mike Young has brought over a ton of Wofford transfers.
If you’re telling me we can get the second coming of Dejuan Blair, the Dancing Bear, but with two ACLs, then I am HERE. FOR. IT.

A big who can score in the post would give the rotation more flexibility. He could be an undersized C with Bobi at the 4. He could be a 4 with Carr as a stretch 5.
Carr is a 4 and Bobi a 3. There is no requirement for a big man to be taller than Carr.

That having been said, it would be nice to have a big man who is, well, big. But if we land Mack, I'm not going to complain. We need some post play outside of Hildreth.

Carr is a stretch big and Bobi is a tweener.

Back