• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

one of Justin Gray's guys from Western Carolina might be a nice big guy to add:

Jao can play off the ball some too as a slasher, but he's definitely a PG. He was ELITE at drawing fouls on defenders last year, averaging 7.4 FD per 40 mins (7th in the nation).

A 109 offensive rating as a freshman on 35% usage (4th most in the nation) is really good too.

I think Jao will be off the bench/change of pace, but he's got a lot of good skills that will fit in well here.
Can he shoot?

obviously we should take good players where we can get them, but really think someone with 2+ blocks per 40 would be ideal.

Starling, as expected, commits to Syracuse. That was quick.

Cuse fans all lathered up about a Mintz/Starling backcourt, but I'd be shocked if Mintz comes back.

And even if he does, that is 2 guards that can't shoot from the perimeter playing together. Good luck.
Mintz declared for the NBA Draft… Keeping his college eligibility, but I think he’s gone.

i played pickup with a guy who played at merrimack

he's a big bootstraps guy on the speaker tour

My cousin played for Merrimack and overseas for a bit years ago. Still beat her something like 21-7 the only time we played pickup in college. My aunt was pissed after hyping her up x100000 and giving me shit.

My cousin played for Merrimack and overseas for a bit years ago. Still beat her something like 21-7 the only time we played pickup in college. My aunt was pissed after hyping her up x100000 and giving me shit.
When we'd play pickup in college, sometimes the women's club team would be there at the same time and ask us to run it against them for practice. The rule was guys weren't allowed to jump on defense. I'm well below average at basketball and it was still always an absolute beat down. #iamverygood

Believe WF was on Slazinski's short list out of HS. Injured for most of this past season. Guessing that he will follow Pitino.

So Minor runs the floor, dunks with authority, rebounds, has a floater in the lane, and has a nice looking shot from 3. This is the type of forward (and dude in general) I've been hoping for.

Norchad Omier is 6'7, so 6'8 Minor could play for us.

DO IT.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

If we got a guy like Minor, our minutes projections and lineups could get really fun.

Boopie
Damari
Bobi
Carr
Minor

Boopie/Ituka
Cam/Damari/Ituka/Parker
Damari/Bobi/Cam/Clark
Carr/Bobi/Minor/MMM
Minor/Marsh/Carr

I think the Minor sweepstakes will be crazy, so I'm not counting on it, but it's fun to think about.

Seems like the typical Forbes under-the-radar target who will be really good.

He's kind of a combo of what we need now - a defensive stopper who has size as a wing. We could land him and then an ideal big man too. I'm in for sure.

His block and steal rate are elite for a 6'7 guy, and he's pretty effective in scoring too.

Let's get Lenard and Minor and call it a day. That would be an incredibly successful portal.

Back