• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Pretty sure UVA was a much better team +/- when Shedrick was in instead of Vander Plas. I would take him 100%. Just need a protector.

Yeah but I doubt Forbes likes his game offensively
do we need a lot of offense from the five spot? He's no Walton that is going to stretch out to the three point line but I think his defense more than makes up for it when we have 4 guys who can score around him

Don't care. Shedrick is an elite defensive player and rebounder. 5 blocks in 19 minutes in the ACCT against UNC. Shedrick's offensive game would be an improvement over Bradford. His "O" rating was a 127 last year.

Given our style, I would imagine the want for a stretch five has more to do with getting the opposing rim protector away from the basket rather than the direct offensive production. However Marsh and Appleby seemed to have figured out a way around that this past season.

Shedrick would be such a massive upgrade over Marsh/Keller

I texted a buddy recently saying someone like Shedrick was the primary missing piece on this team, and here we are. Time to put our duffle bag boys to work.

Shedrick's per 40 numbers are interesting. Scoring has been consistent (all three years between 13.0 and 14.2), rebounds have decreased (11.2 to 9.8 to 8.7), blocks pretty significant improved (1.9 to 3.7 to 3.3).

Worth noting he only played 86 minutes his freshman year so #smallsamplesize

Shedrick's per 40 numbers are interesting. Scoring has been consistent (all three years between 13.0 and 14.2), rebounds have decreased (11.2 to 9.8 to 8.7), blocks pretty significant improved (1.9 to 3.7 to 3.3).

Worth noting he only played 86 minutes his freshman year so #smallsamplesize

Surely there has to be some sort of mistake there? He averaged 13 points, 11 boards, 2 blocks, 10 FGA, 4 FTA and 3 turnovers in less than 8 minutes per game?

those are per 40 minutes numbers
Lmao, the best part is I'd just convinced myself it must be an error because his "per game" numbers and per 100 possesion numbers were pretty consistent despite the huge increase in minutes. Then I read this reply.

I felt so smug

Back