• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I was assuming Shay now gets the label as assistant coach. Wasn’t he being restricted as far as recruiting was concerned? Now it would be McKie, Shay, and Woodley. Maybe Coach has a different plan.

I hope we get someone other than Shay to fill that recruiter spot.

I had assumed Shay would slide into that role, but it appears that Forbes is looking to make a hire. No idea on timing, though. Not sure how soon he needs to fill the spot. Plenty of qualified folks out there as the carousel spins.

Even if Shay slides into that role, it would still make sense to hire someone into Shay’s role.

Teams have never gotten better by having a smaller coaching/support staff

I think Carolina will be pretty good next season. They have a really good class coming in and they will probably get some players from the portal as well.

You think DR could broker a deal for Wes Miller to be the assistant coach at Wake, but only when they practice in the Miller center?

I thought I read somewhere Shay is in his current role because he didn’t want to have to be out on the recruiting trail.

I thought I read somewhere Shay is in his current role because he didn’t want to have to be out on the recruiting trail.
You read the same info I read. Shay's son is in HS and Shay wants to be able to attend his son's games and not be somewhere out of town watching some other kids. NCAA changed rules, so he can do this and still do on court coaching of the team. So win - win for him and Wake.

I hope Forbes follows the Panthers philosophy and gets the best guy available who "fits" Wake, not necessarily a guy Forbes knows. The longer this plays out, the more likely that becomes, IMHO. Vetting someone you haven't worked with and don't know well takes longer.

Keshon is a meh for me. Good steal and assist rate numbers to go along with 3 point ability. Don't love his offensive rating and turnovers, and not sure we want to commit 2-3 years of a scholly to him that could be used elsewhere.

Behind Lenard from MTSU for me.

Unrelated. But.
What is the name of the song our band used to play right before tipoff? Would get faster and faster as crowd clapped

Back