• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Puff Johnson isn’t very good. I’m sure HD can replace him with someone better. Not because he’s a good coach, but because of where he is the coach.
Hubert will be commentating on ESPN for march madness 2025. Bet on it.

The issue is not whether or not Bacot plays for UNC. He's a solid player with some obvious limitations, but with Davis at the helm, it does not matter if Bacot is on the UNC roster. UNC massively underperformed their talent level in 2022 (they were an 8 seed in the NCAAT), but put it together for a tourney run, and suddenly, everyone forgot how Davis mismanaged his team for the entire season, save March. This year, UNC again massively underperformed. So, as long as Hubert is in charge, Bacot's status is not the issue, UNC will under-perform. As a WF fan, hope in 2024, UNC has a decent enough season to keep his job, but as ATS previously stated, if UNC misses the NCAAT again, he is gone, and UNC may stumble into a good hire, which would suck.
HOF WES MILLER TIME---Wonder how DR will split tuesday nights between chapel hill and durham

The issue is not whether or not Bacot plays for UNC. He's a solid player with some obvious limitations, but with Davis at the helm, it does not matter if Bacot is on the UNC roster. UNC massively underperformed their talent level in 2022 (they were an 8 seed in the NCAAT), but put it together for a tourney run, and suddenly, everyone forgot how Davis mismanaged his team for the entire season, save March. This year, UNC again massively underperformed. So, as long as Hubert is in charge, Bacot's status is not the issue, UNC will under-perform. As a WF fan, hope in 2024, UNC has a decent enough season to keep his job, but as ATS previously stated, if UNC misses the NCAAT again, he is gone, and UNC may stumble into a good hire, which would suck.
I think UNC was bad this year

I think UNC would have been worse if Bacot had left as I think his replacement would have been worse than him -- I don't think Hubert's coaching is so bad that a player worse than Bacot would have had no negative impact on the team

Why would a good player transfer from Illinois to the Louisville dumpster fire? Cards’ bag is that much heavier?
OIP.o9n8JSKAs7iUGbG7co6PLQHaEI

Why would a good player transfer from Illinois to the Louisville dumpster fire? Cards’ bag is that much heavier?
Isn't it funny how everything King Mannequin touches (including paint) becomes a dumpster fire? Head coach or assistant coach, he finds a way to suck the life out of a basketball team.

I’m not sure if this has been discussed, but is it possible that we don’t add another coach to replace Savage or is it perceived a certainty that Forbes will fill that void?

I’m not sure if this has been discussed, but is it possible that we don’t add another coach to replace Savage or is it perceived a certainty that Forbes will fill that void?
I was assuming Shay now gets the label as assistant coach. Wasn’t he being restricted as far as recruiting was concerned? Now it would be McKie, Shay, and Woodley. Maybe Coach has a different plan.

I was assuming Shay now gets the label as assistant coach. Wasn’t he being restricted as far as recruiting was concerned? Now it would be McKie, Shay, and Woodley. Maybe Coach has a different plan.

Did his kid graduate? I’d guess he’d still wanna watch his kid play if not.

Back