• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Sydney Curry, who destroyed us two years ago and Forbes was raving about after that, entered the portal. Has one year left, but not sure if he's a grad transfer -- guessing he's not. If not, no shot. Undersized big, but has that dog in him. Has had some huge games near the end of two years ago, but not sure really what to make of any Louisville guy this year.

A couple of the Wofford guys look good, though one (Paveletzke) seems like another Friedrichsen clone and just a freshman, so I doubt that happens, but still sort of intrigued by BJ Mack. Sounds like Thad and Chris Beard are on Mack, so, yeah, we'll see.

I will be living at this account for the next bit.

God I remember that dove tweet. Still makes me think twice about buying those products when I see them at the store.

Sydney Curry, who destroyed us two years ago and Forbes was raving about after that, entered the portal. Has one year left, but not sure if he's a grad transfer -- guessing he's not. If not, no shot. Undersized big, but has that dog in him. Has had some huge games near the end of two years ago, but not sure really what to make of any Louisville guy this year.

A couple of the Wofford guys look good, though one (Paveletzke) seems like another Friedrichsen clone and just a freshman, so I doubt that happens, but still sort of intrigued by BJ Mack. Sounds like Thad and Chris Beard are on Mack, so, yeah, we'll see.

I will be living at this account for the next bit.
Just browsing and it doesn't look like we're even in any of the "talking to" posts with Mack, and he has some heavy hitters after him, so might have to write that one off.

I think Forbes likes transfers of dudes who contributed to teams that made the tourney. He's probably biding his time.

I'm sure some of that exists, but of the 4 players that transferred into Wake last year (Appleby, Carr, Ituka, Bradford), only one of them made the NCAAs last year (Carr @ Delaware).

The year before that, it was only Williams and Walton (not LaRavia, Sy, nor Monsanto).

I gotta go mine all these coaches wikipedia pages to see if there is any overlap with Corch or any of his assistants to see if we have an "in."

Like, Matt Woodley was on Kermit Davis' staff at MTSU, so maybe that was our "in" on Sy. I know Alondes and Laravia had some similar connections to our staff.

Just need find out if Tony Barbee and Forbes or any of his assistants crossed paths along the way so we get Boopie.

That would make sense with the Miller offer to effectively replace him as a 10-15 min. PG guy and still swing for the big fish starter/stud. Gives Miller a year to get ready to be THE guy too.

There will be at least one more
So sneaky, but effective. The fact you mentioned Ituka earlier would have me to believe he is gone. Using "at least" now has to make you wonder about Zeller or Marsh. I'd like to believe there is no way possible a Cam, Damari, Bobi, or Carr would bounce.

So sneaky, but effective. The fact you mentioned Ituka earlier would have me to believe he is gone. Using "at least" now has to make you wonder about Zeller or Marsh. I'd like to believe there is no way possible a Cam, Damari, Bobi, or Carr would bounce.
Slightly worried about Bobi and a big bag, but more because of wake “we can’t have nice things” pessimism. I would hope his retention is a high priority for RTQ.

Back