• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I know it won’t play out like this, especially since we’ve got two ‘24s lined up (and this will be Monsanto’s fifth year), but no one on our roster will have exhausted their eligibility after next year. Just kind of interesting to me.

Interesting that this guy is even older than Bobi. Just turned 21 in March. Lots of question marks coming out of the portal but a nice haul of raw talent. Let’s get to work!

it blew my mind to learn much later that so many of these Nick shows had like 1 season with 12 episodes and they aired them for years and years and kids like me never picked up on it

Yeah. Some of these shows, they locked some kids and writers up for a few months, cranked out enough episodes for syndication, aired them on Nick for a year or two and they became cultural touchstones for people of a certain age. If I mentioned "Hey Dude," it's possible people three years older or younger than me have no idea what I'm talking about but people my age will start singing the theme song or talking about how hot Christine Taylor was (and still is).

I guess college sports is like that for some people nowadays. I haven't done that 1990s All-ACC sportacle but I'm sure I'm better at it than a 2010s one.
Those shows like legends of the hidden temple were shot in like two weekends the cut 40 episodes or some shit.

Lots of questi
Interesting that this guy is even older than Bobi. Just turned 21 in March. Lots of question marks coming out of the portal but a nice haul of raw talent. Let’s get to work!
question marks is right.

Damari - how fast and how well does he recover?

Jao - how well has he recovered? Is he the guy who wowed in the secret scrimmage or the hobbled turnover machine from the early games?

Carr - How well does he heal and recover?

Reid - Does he play like the five star he was coming out of high school or a guy who got few minutes on a top team?

Hunter - ditto Reid

Boopie - can he really play the point and facilitate for 25- 35 minutes per game?

Canka - can he do what he did given more minutes? Can he coexist with a healthy Momsanto?

Marsh - does he make another big incremental improvement?

Cam - ditto Marsh.

The freshmen - do any of them play well enough to earn significant minutes and/or push the upperclassmen?

That is a lot of qestion marks. Here's to at least some of those questions getting positive answers.

Canka will play, a LOT. Boopie, Cam, Canka, Carr and Reid (assuming he gets the waiver) will likely start with Monsanto, Marsh, Sallis and MMM getting major minutes

Lots of questi
question marks is right.

Damari - how fast and how well does he recover?

Jao - how well has he recovered? Is he the guy who wowed in the secret scrimmage or the hobbled turnover machine from the early games?

Carr - How well does he heal and recover?

Reid - Does he play like the five star he was coming out of high school or a guy who got few minutes on a top team?

Hunter - ditto Reid

Boopie - can he really play the point and facilitate for 25- 35 minutes per game?

Canka - can he do what he did given more minutes? Can he coexist with a healthy Momsanto?

Marsh - does he make another big incremental improvement?

Cam - ditto Marsh.

The freshmen - do any of them play well enough to earn significant minutes and/or push the upperclassmen?

That is a lot of qestion marks. Here's to at least some of those questions getting positive answers.
Cam does not need a big incremental improvement.

Back