• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Is there a rule that coaches can’t change jobs every year?

And BTW, is that kids scholarship guaranteed for four years?

GTFOH with not letting kids transfer whenever the hell they want as many times as they want.
Agree, in all regards.
I had four kids (clients’ kids) who had scholarship offers from both private colleges and public colleges, who accepted the private college’ s scholarships because they were better schools (two of them the same college and same sport), where the coach then got canned before season started and the schools attempted to withdraw the accepted scholarships. In three of those cases the kids were already enrolled, on-campus, and had started classes. In all four cases the public schools understandably had committed those scholarships elsewhere. We were fortunate to take care of those four, particularly well, but thereafter I always recommended clients’ kids taking the best public schools’ offer over any private school.

If I’m not mistaken, I think Forbes has said that he believes MMM can be better than Bobi. He certainly looks smooth in those videos.

Last edited:
MMM looks way more fluid with the basketball than Bobi did at the beginning of the year. I'd love to have Bobi's outside shooting, but a guy who can slash and dunk is probably more valuable on this team. And I realize we're watching practice highlights.

MMM looks way more fluid with the basketball than Bobi did at the beginning of the year. I'd love to have Bobi's outside shooting, but a guy who can slash and dunk is probably more valuable on this team. And I realize we're watching practice highlights.
Summer practice isn't a place where you can earn a starting or rotation spot. It is a time when you can play yourself out of consideration. MMM's summer play puts him squarely in consideration.

I’m pretty excited about MMM. He seems to have a versatile big wing skill set we’ve needed for awhile and have really only gotten with LaRavia and Bobi.

He also has a 14 year old sister playing for the Denmark U16 in the FIBA Euro Women’s Tournament. She’s a 6-4 forward who just got offered by UVa. I’ve been posting their mom’s tweets on the women’s thread.

I’m pretty excited about MMM. He seems to have a versatile big wing skill set we’ve needed for awhile and have really only gotten with LaRavia and Bobi.

He also has a 14 year old sister playing for the Denmark U16 in the FIBA Euro Women’s Tournament. She’s a 6-4 forward who just got offered by UVa. I’ve been posting their mom’s tweets on the women’s thread.

Dad looks like he can still play.

Saw a tweet from like a UCLA volleyball who said something like, "I wanted to stay on the West Coast so it was easy for my family to see me play. Now I'm a senior and I have to fly to New Jersey."

For all the talk about cross country trips, it's going to really suck for West Coast fans stuck with games at Maryland at 4:00 on a random Wednesday afternoon.

I wonder how much conference realignment will impact next year's transfer market.
Family can still see her 10 home volleyball games at UCLA & one at USC. Doubt they were driving 17 hours to watch a road match at UWub or Wazu. Or 13 hours to Oregon or Ore St.

Family can still see her 10 home volleyball games at UCLA & one at USC. Doubt they were driving 17 hours to watch a road match at UWub or Wazu. Or 13 hours to Oregon or Ore St.
"For all the talk about cross country trips, it's going to really suck for West Coast fans stuck with games at Maryland at 4:00 on a random Wednesday afternoon."

I can take a short flight for $100 from one end of the West Coast to the other. I recently paid $500 for a 5 hour flight to the midwest. Yes, cross country trips are cost prohibitive versus being on the same coast.

Last edited:
Back