• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I believe Steve Forbes wife is to be transferred from Atlanta to Winston on the 22nd this Friday. Unless this date has changed it was the date provided by Steve in his press conference. Know for a fact he will be glad to not have to travel back and forth to Ga.

Yes, it's a secret.

No word, and there likely will be no word for another month. The UNC/Tez Walker situation wasn't initially ruled upon until the week the football season started, and wasn't fully resolved until week #2 of the season. Perhaps, there are unreported circumstances that will help Reid's case, but the current NCAA trend of rejecting the vast majority (as in over 80%) of double transfers makes Reid playing for WF next season unlikely.
what is the public reason given for how long these waiver reviews take?

Yeah, but he cut the distance by only 1,300 miles.

Reid is getting 2,400 miles closer to home.
Ok, but I am pretty sure the NCAA’s rule is something like: you get a second free transfer if you move to a school <100 miles from your home town for mental health reasons. Wake is 230 miles from Richmond whereas George Mason is 30 miles from this kid’s home town. So I get what you’re saying, but I am not sure it’s a good sign for Reid.

Did anyone closer to his home recruit him in the portal or did he go to the closest D1 school to offer?

I’m pretty sure he visited VCU. If so, I assume they offered.

Doesn’t really matter but just to clarify, George Mason is 100 miles from Richmond.
Thanks for your clarification (?) but this Woody Newton kid, the George Mason transfer that got the Waiver, is from a town in Maryland that is 30 miles from George Mason; less than the 100 mile threshold. Whereas Reid is from Richmond, which is ~230 miles from Wake, much higher than the 100 mile threshold.

Do the folks reviewing these things know Reid was down to VCU, as well? Do they go that deep? I kind of feel like that shouldn't factor in. I'm still not sold we're even using distance to home town as a reason, but I have nothing to back that up, just a vibe.

I'm choosing VIBES over FACTS and I think we have a wild card in our pocket for this. It will all end in sadness, of course, as that is the Wake way, but I'll have plenty of time to reflect on that when it happens. Until then: vibes.

Back