• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I assume he is gone as well, but stranger things have happened and is no longer viewed as a 1st round pick. 2nd round is always a crapshoot...we have had a number of guys at the same level not get drafted at all.
Name a stranger, positive thing that has happened to WFU sports. Besides Chase Burns.

If NIL matters, it is almost certain he could get more money somewhere else. I think Wake will make a competitive offer, but there are a ton of schools who could outbid Wake if Sallis' goal was to stay in college and make the most money he could.
yes, and i haven't been tracking things closely, but would he not be subject to a year of sitting out should he transfer to another program, barring a waiver?

or are waivers simply a formality now?

or is it that he would be a grad transfer and the second transfer wouldn't require a year out?

No more waivers. Athletes can transfer as many times as they want before their eligibility runs out.

I love that fans want to help Steve Forbes navigate the transfer portal.

He clearly needs our help with it.
Does Forbes know about OGBOARDS.COM? Maybe someone could send him a link to this thread?!!?

No more waivers. Athletes can transfer as many times as they want before their eligibility runs out.
At least the NCAA isn't pretending like they are still governing college athletics... This is minor league basketball now, y'all. Nothing wrong with it, as long as it's what's best for the athletes. But it is certainly not a brand that I'm interested in watching much of.

So athletes can come and go for the most money basically. Saban says he quit football because of the money issue. He said that all recruits wanted to talk about was money and he wanted to talk about developing them into better players/persons. Wish there was some middle ground, seems like in this scenario small schools will get hosed.

So athletes can come and go for the most money basically. Saban says he quit football because of the money issue. He said that all recruits wanted to talk about was money and he wanted to talk about developing them into better players/persons. Wish there was some middle ground, seems like in this scenario small schools will get hosed.

I’m sure saban’s contract negotiations were mostly about professional development and his relationship to university admins.

I’m sure saban’s contract negotiations were mostly about professional development and his relationship to university admins.
if you listen to the interview, it was all about the change in the recruiting process and the money involved as to why he left. you can believe him or not.

if you listen to the interview, it was all about the change in the recruiting process and the money involved as to why he left. you can believe him or not.
I’m not saying I don’t believe him. Just that he’s being a hypocritical asshole. He was one of if not the highest paid coaches in college football. He left a job for the NFL. Players aren’t doing anything he didn’t do his entire career.

I’m not saying I don’t believe him. Just that he’s being a hypocritical asshole. He was one of if not the highest paid coaches in college football. He left a job for the NFL. Players aren’t doing anything he didn’t do his entire career.
He left college for the pros and then came back - that is just a job change, guess he did not like the pros or was better suited to coach college, does not mean he is a hypocrit. I am sure he got a big chunk of money to leave and comeback. That is what some coaches do over their careers. College has changed alot over the last few years and he did not like what it was becoming. If you are good with what is going on that is fine but it has just been a big change and he is opting out.

Back