• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Has Forbes scheduled a game against an NCAA at large tournament team since he has been at Wake?

Whether it should or not, NC SOS does seem to matter for selection and seeding. Our challenge matchups against Florida and Wisconsin went well. Does it really take a lot more resources to improve scheduling? Plus it would be more fun as a fan.

Also, love the idea that everyone from England knows each other, like Hildreth and Williams went to the same HS. England has 56 million people.
To be fair Cam and Amari are both the same age and were two of the top prospects in the UK coming up so they will actually know each other through GB youth teams, Deng camp, hoopsfix all-star games etc

Cam used to play down south and Amari played for Myrescough up in Preston so they won't have seen too much of each other during the season but they would've been attending some camp together basically every summer

Although I will add that Amari is testing the waters with the draft so he might not even be an option. I haven't seen him on any draft boards or anything but there's always a few guys that pop up out of nowhere after all of the pre-draft stuff.

Last edited:
Also it looks like the conversation's moved on but I just wanted to add that before Cam's injury he was shooting 45% from 3 on four attempts per game. He was by far our best shooter before he got hurt, although I imagine those numbers might've come back down to earth a little as the season went on either way.

In my prep for Sallis disappointment I looked at a handful of guys I kinda-sorta remembered in the ACC who went early-mid 2nd round. Even a couple that would have been considered successful; at 2nd glance they haven't been THAT successful. Like one guy started off G-league and almost immediately got a 2 way deal that should have bagged him over $1M, but a month later he was released so more than half of it was voided. In like 1.5 years the salary tracker (if it's accurate) had his total comp at $500k and he's out of the league completely already playing random Euro ball somewhere.

Sallis had a great year and should do whatever makes him happy. And if he's virtually guaranteed a 1st round pick it's a no-brainer to jump. But it's definitely more risky if he's slipping to mid 2nd, gets dropped into the G-league and the clock starts ticking to prove himself. Especially with some legit NIL money in the picture I'd be really curious as to where the risk assessment falls and at what delta in salary vs. NIL makes sense. The back half of round 2 from last year are mostly 2-way and G-league, non-guaranteed contracts. And once you hit the G-League you're adjusting to the NBA 3 point line while playing against guys average 20+ points who aren't getting called up. Suddenly you're making $45k in year 2...

I'm sure his years at Gonzaga were frustrating, he's finally a rock star at Wake and our returning team would have a chance to be really, really good. I'm sure the Wake Forest thing is going to happen and some team is going to fall in love with him and promise him a 1st round pick before skipping over him. But that early to mid 2nd round risk is crazy.

NBADraft has 4 seniors projected to go in the first round, one of them third overall. It's not like Sallis would be rejected for being one year older. I don't see why he can't come back with a shot at ACC POY and strengthen his draft profile.

It seems like this is a pretty weak draft so that may end up being a factor. Have seen a couple mocks that had Reed Sheppard as a top 5 pick. While he’s a great college player, not sure that’s who you want if you are picking top 5.

I’ve seen one mock that has Sheppard going #1.

Kentucky guards are a pretty safe pick in a weak draft though.

I’ve seen one mock that has Sheppard going #1.

Kentucky guards are a pretty safe pick in a weak draft though.
Pretty crazy given that Sheppard was the FIFTH highest rated player in Kentucky's 2023 recruiting class. Also, pretty crazy given that Kentucky is considered a long-shot in the tournament. So much wasted talent in Lexington.

UK is like the 9th favorite to win it all. Not a massive longshot.

UK is like the 9th favorite to win it all. Not a massive longshot.
KY has 6 players projected to go in the 2024 NBA draft. By far the most of any team, by comparison favorite UCONN (3.6 to 1) has 3, Houston (5.5 to 1) has 0, Purdue (7 to 1) has 1 and UNC (13 to 1) has 0. If you don't think 22 to 1 is a long shot, you are clueless. Also, didn't say massive long-shot, not claiming UK is Wagner on the odds board.

Last edited:
KY has 6 players projected to go in the 2024 NBA draft. By far the most of any team, by comparison favorite UCONN (3.6 to 1) has 3, Houston (5.5 to 1) has 0, and UNC (13 to 1) has 0. If you don't think 22 to 1 is a long shot, you are clueless. Also, didn't say massive long-shot, not claiming UK is Wagner on the odds board.
Knock on RJ Davis that he doesn't distribute enough at 6'0? Too much of a scorer?

RJ Davis is 6-0 wing/scoring guard. They don't exist in the NBA. Kind of like why Armando Bacot is not an NBA prospect, there is no room in the NBA for plodding post-up players.

All good NBA PGs are scoring guards nowadays. It’s not too far fetched for a college scorer to learn how to run PG.

KY has 6 players projected to go in the 2024 NBA draft. By far the most of any team, by comparison favorite UCONN (3.6 to 1) has 3, Houston (5.5 to 1) has 0, Purdue (7 to 1) has 1 and UNC (13 to 1) has 0. If you don't think 22 to 1 is a long shot, you are clueless. Also, didn't say massive long-shot, not claiming UK is Wagner on the odds board.
You are fucking clueless if you think a top 10 favorite in a 68 team tourney is a longshot.

C'mon, there aren't 10 favorites in a 64 team field. There is one favorite: UCONN. Then, there are the other #1 seeds. No one is calling KY a "favorite" in the NCAAT. They aren't even a favorite in their region.

I was looking at the last few first team All-ACC players. Outside of Bacot (who likely gets higher UNC NIL and has literally no NBA prospects), I’m not sure any players in the last 6 years have returned to their school.

I think it gives some context on what to expect for Hunter.

Back