• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Probably the fastest growing untapped sector in sports entertainment. I suspect at least a couple of the Monday women's Elite 8 games draw fantastic numbers.
And maybe a weird byproduct, but I'm thinking that with the proliferation of online sports gambling more and more people are going to tune into women's games and realize it's a very strong product.

Wake built its whole season around beating Duke in an ultimately meaningless home game. Imagine beating Duke and Carolina to win the ACC Championship and then beating Duke by a dozen to make the Final 4. That’s a fantasy that they made reality. Wolfpack fans have gotten more satisfaction from 2 weeks of basketball then Wake fans have had in 20 years.

Wake built its whole season around beating Duke at home in an ultimately meaningless home game. Imagine beating Duke and Carolina to win the ACC Championship and then beating Duke by a dozen to make the Final 4. That’s a fantasy that they made reality. Wolfpack fans have gotten more satisfaction from 2 weeks of basketball then Wake fans have had in 20 years.

All thanks to Bennett and uva.

Wake built its whole season around beating Duke in an ultimately meaningless home game. Imagine beating Duke and Carolina to win the ACC Championship and then beating Duke by a dozen to make the Final 4. That’s a fantasy that they made reality. Wolfpack fans have gotten more satisfaction from 2 weeks of basketball then Wake fans have had in 20 years.

62 years

NC State has beaten Duke on neutral floors twice in 3 weeks - once to win the ACC championship, once to advance to the Final Four.

I got tired of counting our postseason neutral-site losses to Duke, but our last two wins over Duke in the ACC tournament were the Childress "give me the damn ball! every time!" game in 1995, and a win over them in K's second year of coaching, 1982

And that 95 Duke team that Childress beat was their worst one in the last 40 years so not exactly a crowning achievement.

yeah, the last time WF won an ACC tournament game against a Duke team that had a winning record in ACC play was 1970. Bucky Waters was the Duke coach

I thought a lot about the Boopie situation and here is where I land. Steve Forbes gave an ACC opportunity to a mid major point guard and gave him the ball. Opportunity of a lifetime for the kid and a track to a Wake degree and part of building a program and culture.

My take now is that Boopie took what Forbes gave him and tried to leverage that for more money. Boopie doesn’t give a shit about Wake or the team, it’s all about him.

Boopie will likely never wear anything that says Wake again. I’m fine with that because Wake did a lot more for him than he did for us.

Was out downtown Raleigh eating with the fam during the game. Swung by Hillsboro st about 20 minutes after the end of the game and it was madness out there. My 11 and 8 year olds loved it. Really happy for those dudes.

62 years

NC State has beaten Duke on neutral floors twice in 3 weeks - once to win the ACC championship, once to advance to the Final Four.

I got tired of counting our postseason neutral-site losses to Duke, but our last two wins over Duke in the ACC tournament were the Childress "give me the damn ball! every time!" game in 1995, and a win over them in K's second year of coaching, 1982
Pretty sure the "give me the damn ball everytime" line directed at Rusty was during the UNC championship game not the Duke game on Friday. But your larger point still stands.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Back