• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Since the info was stolen the first time to be placed on 247, I don’t think guarding it makes sense this time.

For those wondering, AC is considering entering the portal to be closer to home. Not really a money play per Trilly and he’s still up in the air. Should know the result of he and Cam in the next day or so, the only two supposed question marks we have now outside of Sallis, which will drag on for a month or two.
This is the info I've been working with as well, just to confirm. Whispers out there, but nothing set in stone as of yet is my understanding.

I haven’t even told awakeboy about Boopie yet bc I’m afraid of how upset he’s going to be. Carr and we might lose him 🤦🏼‍♀️

Entire team has entered the portal. We are all super down on our prospects next year.

3 weeks from now we will have landed some very good players and be irrationally optimistic, only to have the rug pulled from under us again next March.
This is spot on lol

Is it the whole no longer Baptist thing? What was the straw so to speak?
FWIW last time Wake was in a final four was 61-62, Len Chappell, Packer, Frank Woolard, Butch Hassell. etc. They also had a former Baptist Minister as coach, Bones McKinney. They had only been in Winston for five or six years and affiliated with the Baptists.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this (potential) news, but it’s starting to look like maybe this team didn’t like each other too much and had deep fractures within, and that accounts in some ways for the wildly inconsistent play and the nosedive after the Dook game. Something definitely seems to have happened. I still don’t think we’ve learned the full story of this team yet.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this (potential) news, but it’s starting to look like maybe this team didn’t like each other too much and had deep fractures within, and that accounts in some ways for the wildly inconsistent play and the nosedive after the Dook game. Something definitely seems to have happened. I still don’t think we’ve learned the full story of this team yet.
I think this is going to be the new reality when it comes to NIL.

College sports are just not fun the way they used to be.

i keep reading that stuff like this is normal in todays world. i don’t really follow college hoops, so am not really in a position to confirm or deny that — but is there any data available on the quantity / quality of outbound transfers from other teams? also curios what about what happened a year ago with the teams that have had successful seasons this year — i would guess they had strong retention, but again that’s just a wild guess based on intuition.

i realize i could probably do the work myself but not really sure where to start and i don’t really recognize enough players names to quickly label them for an analysis like that.

man...are we sure this is not some sort of april's fools BS.

lines up very nicely

I think this is going to be the new reality when it comes to NIL.

College sports are just not fun the way they used to be.
No kidding. The NIL has to cause resentment. I know I would be pissed if a teammate was yanking in multiple six figure and I wasn’t getting squat but still work as hard if not harder every day

i keep reading that stuff like this is normal in todays world. i don’t really follow college hoops, so am not really in a position to confirm or deny that — but is there any data available on transfers from other teams? what about teams that have had successful seasons this year?
Out of the ACC, the worst situations are probably VT losing 6 players to the portal (~100 MPG), and Syracuse losing 4 players to the portal (~65 MPG).

From what I can tell, all of the following ACC schools are losing at least one starter (or pseudo-starter) to the portal:
  • FSU (Baba Miller, De'Ante Green)
  • GT (Ebenezer Dowuona)
  • Louisville (Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, Skyy Clark, Mike James, Tre White)
  • Miami (Bensley Joseph)
  • Pitt (Federiko Federiko)
  • Syracuse (Quadir Copeland, Justin Taylor, Benny Williams)
  • VT (Tyler Nickel, Lynn Kidd, Sean Pedulla, MJ Collins)
  • Wake (Boopie Miller)
The only schools that (so far) have no portal entrants are Duke, UVA, NCST, UNC, BC, and Clemson. Several of those schools went deep in the NCAAT and very well may still have players leave. And schools like Duke are more worried about the draft than the portal anyways.

I also think it's worth pointing out that a decent number of portal entrants will withdraw and return to their team, especially in the case of coaching changes. Poteet from VT already did that

Back