• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

it's not implausible that Forbes can find someone better than Carr out there in the portal

but we were already in a position where we needed several more good players over what we currently have, now in a hypothetical world where Carr leaves we have to hit on like five good players to be a good team

the more slots you have to fill, the harder it is

a bird in the hand and all that
Yet Alabama brought in 9 players and I believe 3 assistant coaches and are in the FF. (Only 1 starter & only 3 from prior roster returned). South Carolina also brought in 9 new players and started with defense first as a core principal. Picked to finish last in SEC yet they won 26 games & made NCAA. Get the right ones and great things can be done.

500K is not the market rate for a player like Boopie. But, it only takes one idiot school to meet his demands.

I didn't say anyone would meet that rate. So, until it happens its not.

I have a Tier 1 source on how much Boopie asked for.

Tier 1 Source:
giphy.gif

Not a lot of optimism on this thread today.

For those of you clamoring for a new coach, the people that have made RTQ competitive like and support Steve Forbes as coach. Follow the money.

Speaking of money, I suspect the cost to terminate Coach Forbes contract would be expensive. That money would need to come from the same people that are funding RTQ. I doubt they want to spend an eight figure sum (again) to buy out a coach they like as opposed to spending their money to provide funds to assure Wake is competitive in athletics.

It never ceases to amaze me how willing folks are to spend the money of other people to fulfill their own wants.

Back