• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

The Duke account has to cite an external news site to report that info?

Dookie in the portal. Top 100 HS player in the class of 2022. Scored 5 points this past year; didn't play after November. He is 7-1 and from Concord, NC. Just buried at Duke. Maybe could play if he isn't too scarred from being locked in a closet for two years in CIS:

When will these big guys learn. Dook will destroy your career faster than any other school. They do not care about you. They only care about their recruiting class ranking

I like how there were 24 hours of consternation about Carr and Hildreth potentially leaving and now it’s just vanished and I guess we don’t need to talk about it anymore? I’ll take it!
You know better than this…

I like how there were 24 hours of consternation about Carr and Hildreth potentially leaving and now it’s just vanished and I guess we don’t need to talk about it anymore? I’ll take it!
Time to get back to vibes. Still a possibility Carr (or someone else) jumps into the portal, but I'd love to see us making progress with someone.

Recruiting dead period (including the portal) about to hit, starting tomorrow through the end of the NCAAT.

Two years in purgatory??? Could be damaged goods...
I mean ... he's damaged goods in that he's had a surgery on each of his ankles in the last year.

He was a project. It's laughable to see him discussed as a top-100 player coming out of high school; he was a 3-star with a final two of Minnesota and South Carolina before Duke grabbed him. He was always a developmental take for Duke ... and you can't really develop when your body doesn't allow you to be on the court.

He was the best player on a team that won an NCAAT game. Unless I missed an announcement that Reid is leaving, this dude isn't coming to Wake.
He and Reid are very different players. From what I saw out of Great, he's more of a more athletic Carr than he is a Reid.

But yeah, I highly doubt he comes here.

He and Reid are very different players. From what I saw out of Great, he's more of a more athletic Carr than he is a Reid.

There are or will be over 1,000 players in the portal; WF will land at most five. So, yes, everyone in the portal is unlikely to attend WF. Also, Osobor followed Danny Sprinkle from MT State to Utah State. Now, Sprinkle has the Washington job. So, would guess that Washington would lead for Osobor.

Great Osobor shot 2-12 from 3 last season. Andrew Carr was 36-97 from 3 last season.

In Wake's offense, this guy would not be playing the Carr role, at least not effectively.

There are or will be over 1,000 players in the portal; WF will land at most five. So, yes, everyone in the portal is unlikely to attend WF.
So let's maybe limit the random twitter announcements of players in the portal to guys that are linked to Wake? Or that we have reason to believe might be interested in Wake? At least in the Wake Forest roster construction thread?

That makes me think of a question I had. How many 3s do y'all think Efton will take next year? He took 32 this year and seemed to have growing confidence in the shot (whether he should have had it is another question). I really feel he's going to try and make stretching the floor a consistent part of his game.

So let's maybe limit the random twitter announcements of players in the portal to guys that are linked to Wake? Or that we have reason to believe might be interested in Wake? At least in the Wake Forest roster construction thread?
Duly noted. Unreservedly apologize for including Great O on this thread.

Back