• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

This kid is awesome, but some of those other teams were really bad. I think he'll fit nicely beside Efton, who I'm guessing is gonna lobby for more looks behind the 3 point line.
Yeah- I was thinking that people are going to complain a good bit if he commits, then Reid ends up in the Carr role spacing the floor more than he did this year.

I can't get anything out of those highlights, but the staff has a pretty good record of taking lower level guys and getting production from them (Laravia, Carr, Miller).

Baylor Scheirman came from South Dakota State and did pretty well at Creighton

Yeah, Kansas just paid Zeke Mayo off the same team. Scheierman cam off the team. This guy would immediately improve our team. Also, he played the same number of minutes as Reid and averaged less than half the fouls, which is excellent for a big man who also blocks as many shots as he does

for all the hand wringing about how hard it would be to be a coach in Forbes’ position at Wake in the NIL era, being a coach at a place like SDSU has to be way worse, beyond just the obvious salary, geographic, etc. considerations

you being in and develop guys and they leave or you bring in the wrong guys and you suck

and unlike professional sports, there are no compact picks or trade returns or anything for your efforts

Would be so stoked if we land this guy. Finally a clean & tough defensive skillset from a big man that we've been trying to bring in for so long

Those dunks look tough as hell too

Is this guy good enough that his commitment would be evidence that Carr is leaving? Or do we think he's committing with the expectation of coming off the bench?

I guess the third question would be is he good enough to relegate one of Carr or Reid to the bench? But I assume either of those guys would transfer before doing that.

yeah, would really be happy to add a big man that plays above the rim. it would be a great 3 man rotation!

Is this guy good enough that his commitment would be evidence that Carr is leaving? Or do we think he's committing with the expectation of coming off the bench?

I guess the third question would be is he good enough to relegate one of Carr or Reid to the bench? But I assume either of those guys would transfer before doing that.
Carr would be happy this guy is coming. More likely that Carr would stay.

My take is that when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor on D-Day, the USS Carr was out to sea and avoided any damage.

Welp, mark him off the list. No father who's son is actually considering us would tweet that. Back to the drawing board.

Back