• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Have no clue if it’s true or not but App message boards (247 and their OGB version) seem to think we had contact before season was over?

He's not coming here with the options he had available to play 12 minutes a game. I've got to imagine he's splitting his time at the 3/4 and Forbes is looking to make us a) bigger; and b) more athletic overall.

Just because we can (and we will with each new roster update!), here's a minutes projection:
Portal PG - 30
Cam - 32
Friedrichsen - 18
Juke - 12
Portal CG - 12
Spillers - 24
Carr - 30
Reid - 28
Portal big - 10
Marion/Canka/2 others - 4 minutes

efton is gonna rain down threes next year, i have no doubt. i was watching during warmups for two acc tourney games and he was maybe our best 3-pt shooter in addition to being our best free throw shooter.

the spillers-carr-efton lineups are gonna destroy some fools next year

Have no clue if it’s true or not but App message boards (247 and their OGB version) seem to think we had contact before season was over?
Of course we did. That's how it works. It's the same way Sam Hartman was being reported as heading to ND before he was in the portal.

Thank you for the reminder that Yosef's Cabin exists. Need to free myself from this rabbit hole but the NIT thread is entertaining.

"I don’t know what it is about wakes coach, but you just want to punch him. That Bruce arians looking SOB."

So we weren't that good after all. Seriously, there is not another way to describe our last three games.

"I’m not a fan of the NIL but will support a go fund me if Kerns gets fined in the presser."

Sidenote: Is there more of a boomer tell than writing "the NIL" on the internet?

Also, no staff would be stupid enough to directly contact a player at another school during the season to convince him to transfer; that's about the only thing that the NCAA can still govern and sanction a program for. Secondary contacts happen all of the time, and there is nothing the NCAA can do about that. For example, a booster for one school talks to a player's family member or former coach. That said, I vaguely remember Forbes talking to Spillers in the App/WF handshake line, but the Mountaineers season was over at that point.

Of course we did. That's how it works. It's the same way Sam Hartman was being reported as heading to ND before he was in the portal.
yeah and then the guy he booted out of ND was linked to Bama before he hit the portal too

Thank you for the reminder that Yosef's Cabin exists. Need to free myself from this rabbit hole but the NIT thread is entertaining.

"I don’t know what it is about wakes coach, but you just want to punch him. That Bruce arians looking SOB."

"I’m not a fan of the NIL but will support a go fund me if Kerns gets fined in the presser."

Sidenote: Is there more of a boomer tell than writing "the NIL" on the internet?
especially if they're against these greedy kids getting paid

Also, no staff would be stupid enough to directly contact a player at another school during the season to convince him to transfer; that's about the only thing that the NCAA can still govern and sanction a program for. Secondary contacts happen all of the time, and there is nothing the NCAA can do about that. For example, a booster for one school talks to a player's family member or former coach. That said, I vaguely remember Forbes talking to Spillers in the App/WF handshake line, but the Mountaineers season was over at that point.
Pilch a lot of these players have agents and they get contacted instead of the player directly. I am not sure the rules on that but know for a fact that it happens before the player is in the portal.

We were just taking specific school rumors for some of our own players who aren’t in the portal. Welcome to 2024

Back