• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I mean, yeah...The ones who have been Correct like 90% of the time and have remained pretty consistent every portal season.

They were wrong about Mitch...But that doesn't mean they haven't nailed a lot of each of the last 3 portal seasons. If Cam, Les, 1996 and a couple others say things, usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but it's far more informative than anything we can gather from here.
First returns are positive. It seemed like Spillers has more to give than either Marsh or Keller, so that's a win. If we can pick up a distributor PG (we've had decent success with ball handlers in the portal...) and a big who can pull 15-20 minutes we're looking at a pretty stout lineup. This is assuming there are no more transfers out. Losing Sallis or Carr would hurt big time but I'm bullish that they will both return which means 4/5 of our starting 5 is back (and all will avg double figures). There likely won't be many teams who can claim that.

Funny enough, a big stanford fan I know said wake is talking to Kanaan Carlyle

If Forbes wants him I’m ok with it but he looks like a bit of a shot chucker. Would be a big shift to come into this team

Didn't Dooook have a player named Robert Brickey several years ago?
haha. This post makes me feel young! Brickey played in the 80's and was a solid player who had elite athleticism back before Duke was so hatable. Wake was terrible at the time so my only hope of watching the Tarheels lose was to hope Duke could beat them.

Cook is ok, but not a PG with a 2.4/2.5 ast/to, but also not a great shooter 41/34/68

haha. This post makes me feel young! Brickey played in the 80's and was a solid player who had elite athleticism back before Duke was so hatable. Wake was terrible at the time so my only hope of watching the Tarheels lose was to hope Duke could beat them.
Staak was after him hard. If he had committed to Wake instead of Duke, things might have been different for Staak.

They don’t appreciate the people paying. If you question anything then you are talked down to. When I had it I felt like I was paying to get scoops. I’d get one and my sone already knew about it cause it was posted on Twitter. Shit would happen and then they would say they knew that was going to happen but didn’t report it. What the fuck am I paying for? I’ll stick with Essex and possibly pay into Conor.
That board does have some decent, not great, scoop from time to time. But, as noted above, its usually just a few hours ahead of it being public. Just follow Tilly and you'd be just fine too. But they are often wrong and then get incredibly defensive above it. They blew it on Boswell's recruitment and then basically made a bunch of stuff up on how we didn't have open scholarships etc. They also think their sources are being 100% truthful with them which I question (and they hate). They are so afraid to question anything and get their insider access blocked. Yesterday was funny too as Les made a "don't expect anything any time soon" and literally 15 minutes later the kid announces to Wake.

That board does have some decent, not great, scoop from time to time. But, as noted above, its usually just a few hours ahead of it being public. Just follow Tilly and you'd be just fine too. But they are often wrong and then get incredibly defensive above it. They blew it on Boswell's recruitment and then basically made a bunch of stuff up on how we didn't have open scholarships etc. They also think their sources are being 100% truthful with them which I question (and they hate). They are so afraid to question anything and get their insider access blocked. Yesterday was funny too as Les made a "don't expect anything any time soon" and literally 15 minutes later the kid announces to Wake.

Never approach any topic with anything but optimism. Or they'll block you.

They lost me with their continued sunshine BS about Griffis. Five games in still talking about how good he is in practice. Bud. I've watched him play- he stinks

Latest CBS sports NBA mock draft has Sallis going at pick 24. If he is in that range, can’t see any way he stays.

Latest CBS sports NBA mock draft has Sallis going at pick 24. If he is in that range, can’t see any way he stays.
Damn, I really don’t see him being a 1st round pick at the moment. If he is tho he’d be dumb to come back. Go get the bag.

It’s kind of crazy this week I’ve seen him in the 20s and the 50s. Selfishly would like him back for another year but would be happy for him if he can get in the first round.

Back