• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Hope he’s ready and doesn’t end up in the G League like recent guys leaving early.

Is this a hint that we are in the mix?
200w.gif

It’s kind of crazy this week I’ve seen him in the 20s and the 50s. Selfishly would like him back for another year but would be happy for him if he can get in the first round.
Yeah there must be a wide range of opinions on him. The latest Bleacher Report mock draft (on NBA.com) now has him at 48 (previously 50). That’s a huge difference in terms of the kind of commitment he would get.

Tyran Cook is solid
A lot of Jao Ituka at Marist vibes here.

6’2 PG (Jao 6’1) played a ton and was given the reigns on a bad team. Very high usage rates for both, possibly owing to the quality of their teammates. The biggest difference is Jao was an efficient scorer with a 109 O-Rtg, although playing a lot less minutes, while Cook struggled to an 89 rating with worse across the board shooting numbers.

Neither impacted the game a ton with rebounding, steals, shot blocking, though Ituka appears to have done a bit more there than Cook. Ituka also appears to have been a better shooter and drew more fouls at that level, then converted 77% vs 68% for Cook. Cook more willing to shoot 3s with 3x as many attempts, but shot just 33%.

So first blush, numbers aren’t great.

If I were to put together a bull case for Cook, not having seen any tape at all, it would be that maybe something pops athletically on the tape, as his performance in VMI’s 5 hardest games was better than his overall season numbers. Also, VMI was AWFUL. 353th of 362, significantly worse than even any of the bad teams Wake played last year. He was likely forced to create his own offense a ton, explaining the high usage rate. And the assist numbers weren’t very good, but maybe that’s because his teammates couldn’t finish anything as opposed to him not being able to make plays. Maybe. I don’t know the answer to that today.

At worst, this seems like a guy coming from a tough spot who may be willing to come in as a backup for a year with the chance to earn more PT and maybe a starting role in the following 2 years if he surprises to the upside. Ranked in the 200s among 700+ portal guys today. Hopefully not and I’d guess unlikely to be our starting PG next year, but you never know.

It’s kind of crazy this week I’ve seen him in the 20s and the 50s. Selfishly would like him back for another year but would be happy for him if he can get in the first round.
yeah. that's the first mock draft in a while where he's in the first round. most recent mocks have him anywhere between #40 and #55.

Yeah, I have not seen him in the first round for a while now. It’s gonna be a tough decision for the young man.

Here is the CBS mock. Three different guys have him at 24, 27, and 28. Is he somehow boosting his stock without playing?

Here is the CBS mock. Three different guys have him at 24, 27, and 28. Is he somehow boosting his stock without playing?
Probably scouts looking at his season as a whole and not just the last month

So they didn't look at the season during the season?

Outside of the top guys, you get a sense of who a guy is over the course of a season is my guess.

He must be getting a bump because the ACC did ok in the tournament. How many did he drop on the Wolfpack again?

Carrington from Pitt heading to the NBA I think I heard would be a huge blow to them to lose a young talent.

Did Tramon Mark wake up in the portal today?

Back