• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I think Holloway is all about the money. Forbes and Wake were a finalist for Holloway out of high school. Auburn stepped in at the last moment and Holloway committed. Got to be the $$$.
Possibly, but "fit" may be a consideration for him as well. His sister is going to Michigan to play hoops next year, and his grandfather was a running back on Michigan's football team in the 60's. His teammate at Auburn, Tre Donaldson, has a couple of crystal balls to Michigan as well. I'd love to see him end up at Wake, but I'm guessing he ends up at Michigan.

There's a lot to unpack with the Boopie situation.

He wasn't a fan of additional PGs being looked at. What he was looking for from an NIL standpoint was even more inflated than the current inflated numbers.

Guessing that in the final analysis, Boopie may end up getting a lower level NIL package than what he had at Wake. Doesn't seem like teams are clamoring for his services. There is so much talent in the portal at the moment. Boopie made excellent contributions this past season and he's fun as heck to watch. But I have a hunch there will be no drop-off in point guard play next season (and that it will likely be handled by 2 players).

Guessing that in the final analysis, Boopie may end up getting a lower level NIL package than what he had at Wake. Doesn't seem like teams are clamoring for his services. There is so much talent in the portal at the moment. Boopie made excellent contributions this past season and he's fun as heck to watch. But I have a hunch there will be no drop-off in point guard play next season (and that it will likely be handled by 2 players).
Supply & demand. Boopie is a great person and good basketball player, but there's a feeling there are a lot of talented players at his position that can contribute in a similar fashion at a much friendlier rate.

Another aspect to keep in mind - due to his youth popularity, Boopie is an influcner himself without basketball as he has over 100k instagram followers.

six people in this thread have liked an advertisement i see

you can support our efforts in multiple ways.

If you're a beer person, we have an IPA launched earlier this year. We will have a vodka coming in the next month or so as well.
If you open a childcare center for NIL supporters, you'll get a big check from me. Until then, my contributions to everyone have to scale back until this baby gets to Kindergarten.

Just curious - is the vodka coming from the same supplier that does East Carolina's Sup Dogs Crush version? An ECU friend of mine gave me a bottle but I haven't tried it yet. Can't imagine there are a lot of folks in that marketplace.

Just curious - is the vodka coming from the same supplier that does East Carolina's Sup Dogs Crush version? An ECU friend of mine gave me a bottle but I haven't tried it yet. Can't imagine there are a lot of folks in that marketplace.
it is not, but it is being done by an NC-based brand that has full distribution in NC in ABC stores.

so the gist is we're in year, what, 3-4 of the NIL era and already Wake is coming up short to get the talent we want? this is not gonna be sustainable at all.

so the gist is we're in year, what, 3-4 of the NIL era and already Wake is coming up short to get the talent we want? this is not gonna be sustainable at all.
this is not just a Wake issue. Every other school in the country is seeing the exact same thing.

this is not just a Wake issue. Every other school in the country is seeing the exact same thing.
Lol if every other school is coming up short on funds then who is inflating the market? If it's just unrealistic expectations from the players, the demands will come down once nobody gives them what they want.

Some news:

While it was initially thought that RTQ would have sufficient resources in the to make upcoming NIL deals, recent developments suggest otherwise. Firstly, the market seems to be more inflated than anticipated. Secondly, the squad is optimistic about recruiting high-level talent. Thirdly, there's hope that Hunter Sallis might return for another season.

It's emphasized that every capable individual's contribution is crucial. By closing NIL deals with key players (both at WF and not at WF presently) there is a feeling that this team next year could win the ACC. The need for additional funds for RTQ indicates confidence in attracting top-notch players. There's no feelings of "concern," but there's a chance to have a really special team in Winston-Salem in 2024-2025 should things fall in the right place.

Appreciate everyone that has made a contribution. If you haven't yet, there's never been a better chance than right now.

www.RollTheQuad.com
In as well. I appreciate all the information RTQ provides as well as the effort in attempting to make our Men’s Basketball better!!! I hope everyone will consider donating some amount, obviously dependent upon ability to donate and desire to support their school’s athletic programs. Thank you to RTQ you for all they do!!!

If we're a top 30 NIL collective for basketball, it seems like we're still in much better shape than most. Is that no longer the feeling?

Back